at M&S Digital Development in London
Are you passionate about all things agile, with a flair for removing impediments and keen to support the continuing transformation of a much loved heritage brand?
Everyone shops at M&S for something and everyone has an opinion on M&S. With a history of ‘firsts’, there has been a quiet revolution happening inside our Digital Development team. Having re-platformed off of Amazon and in-sourced our entire digital proposition front–to-backend and across to agile, we are now a cluster of closely aligned customer focused teams relentlessly driving to innovate. We experiment, we make big and small changes, and we enjoy the fact that everything we do has the potential to impact & delight over 32 million customers daily.
About The Role:
We need our Scrum Masters to help encourage Agile thinking and ways of working in our teams. This means you will need to coach the teams in how to apply Agile principles to solve the challenges they face, ensuring that any practices used such as Stand Ups, Retrospectives and Planning remain effective.
Our teams own their backlogs and are empowered to experiment and increment to find the best solutions for customers, as a Scrum Master you’ll need to be able to offer approaches that allow the team to learn whilst providing fail safe deliveries.
You’ll have a proven track record in:
● Achieving successful software product delivery.
● Growing and facilitating highly motivated and capable teams to deliver innovative software products.
● Establishing credibility with people very quickly.
● Facilitation, participatory decision-making and conflict resolution.
● Light-touch leadership that employs a highly collaborative approach to guide people without controlling them but employing authority when the situation requires.
● Effective organization that reduces the amount of noise, distractions and interruptions.
● Mentoring skills that demonstrate the agile values and principles in every thought and action.
● Helping teams and individuals become agile through care, consideration and collaboration.
You’ll possess the following behaviours:
● Demonstrate active and conscious awareness of their environment, sensing and anticipating situations and being able to ask the right questions at the right time.
● Puts people first.
● Be an open and honest communicator with ‘chairperson’ qualities.
● Be a confident and effective decision-maker who actively works to maintain options by deferring decisions to the last responsible moment.
● Are a persistent energizing and motivating influence.
● Be at ease with iterative change, happy and able to fail fast, learn quickly, and be able to adapt to new challenges.
● Passionate about quality and success.
● Certified Scrum Master or a consulting background in agile methods.
● Experience in Extreme Programming.
● Previous technical experience.
● Experience of working with quorum of people developing high capacity, high traffic, high availability systems
What’s in it for You? *Be part of the quiet revolution within a much loved heritage brand that everyone buys from *You’ll play a key part in seeing through the transformation we have started, working with sharp, dedicated and innovative people *Have an impact — on our scale even a small improvement has huge impact *Supported paid volunteering – An opportunity to give a little back with our Plan A partnerships *On-site tech talks – Inspiring talks from experts in design, development and product *Benefits package to attract the best *‘Be good’. We’re proud of our commitment to ‘Plan A’ — because there’s no Plan B for the planet. *Subsidised meals & snacks – Incredible M&S food, throughout the day *Personal development time – including 10% time and your own personal development budget
Recent jobs at M&S Digital Development
- Mobile UX Designer (Native inc Apple Watch) at M&S Digital Development in London 02-05-2015