Product Manager / Leader
at CitySocialising in London
CitySocialising is at an exciting stage of development having recently secured Series A investment from PROfounders Capital, the European VC fund launched by UK tech luminaries Brent Hoberman (Lastminute.com) and Michael Birch (Bebo).
Weâ€™re now looking for an experienced Product innovator and leader to work directly with the founder/CEO and Executive team, with the support of our investor â€œdream teamâ€, to transform CitySocialising from a growing internet startup into a leading consumer brand and one-of-its-kind product and service in the UK and Internationally.
The position provides an excellent opportunity to have a huge and visible impact on our success with a role working at the forefront of the business. You are an accomplished product manager that has owned end-to-end product management within a high growth online environment and are a self-starter who enjoys working collaboratively across functions.
You will take ownership of the product roadmap and drive the product development of the next generation CitySocialising site and extend CitySocialisingâ€™s leadership in the Online2Offline social networking and events space by driving, from inception to launch, CitySocialising’s mobile service, B2B platform and International products.
You are committed to developing the highest quality online social experience, have visionary product insight, significant technical expertise and extensive leadership and business skills. You combine a great instinct for developing compelling products with a strong focus on users with a technical aptitude and the business sense to drive product goals and strategies. This is a critical hire for the business and the package will reflect experience and the ability to make a significant contribution to the business. This will consist of base salary, bonus and options.
- Work directly with the CEO and Marketing Director to identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy (roadmap) including CitySocialisingâ€™s mobile strategy.
- Lead product strategy and engage closely with the Tech team to help determine the best implementation methods and a reasonable execution schedule.
- Prioritize features and requirements and drive tactical plans to deliver against roadmap objectives, including concept, specification and design phases. Make appropriate tradeoffs between functionality and resources and or/timeframes.
- Manage all aspects of product requirements: gather requirements, write user stories, product specifications, create wireframes, designs, delivery schedules, measuring and optimizing product performance. Recruit, meet and collaborate with external partners as needed.
- Facilitate strong coordination between technology and marketing to deliver changes and smooth the development cycles for future product, features or functions releases.
- Engage with customers and prospective customers to understand pain points and opportunities for product improvements. Ensure there is an effective way to interpret what customers want and turn this into compelling features and functions and a first class consumer experience.
- Conduct thorough and detailed competitor analysis, research market intelligence to understand and articulate market trends, competitive positioning, and opportunities for new products or services to ensure the CitySocialising products are suitably differentiated in the market.
- Serve as CitySocialisingâ€™s in-house expert and product evangelist in strategy sessions with Executive team, the Board and Investors, ensure the organisation as a whole is sufficiently outward focussed so that CitySocialising stays ahead of future trends and opportunities, manage emerging risks and seize potential opportunities.
- Identify and track on metrics for measuring success and product performance and provide regular updates to Executive team; ensure products/features drive business success.
- Gather and prioritize product requirements and country expansion roadmap for International strategy.
- Review and prioritize localization efforts for international markets
Skills / experience:
- BS degree in a technology-related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 – 8 years solid product management experience, owning end-to-end product management within a consumer web company and shipping product on time.
- A proven track record of successful product launches and a “Ship fast, ship often” mentality.
- Hands-on experience in operating in a smaller, growing company environment.
- Strong knowledge of online business models, strategies and products.
- Strong knowledge of best practices in site usability and interactive product design.
- Deep knowledge of emerging web technologies. Experience in location-based mobile technologies/products ideal.
- Demonstrated passion and ability to create fun, easy-to-use, innovative and compelling user experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to gather user requirements and convert them into a winning product vision and specification. Must be able to create wire-frames and write product specifications.
- Strong quantitative and analytical background, with deep experience of A/B testing, web analytics, and product performance evaluation.
- Excellent project management skills, capable of running multiple projects in parallel and capable of prioritising new projects through effective cost benefit analysis.
- Proven people skills and organizational management experience across technical and non-technical teams. Ability to gather and communicate feedback between business, marketing and development teams.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate at all levels, up to board level.
- Strong aptitude for determining the optimal way to position products in the market.
- Flexible and fast-paced work style; familiarity with the web development lifecycle and Agile development methodologies a strong plus
- Experience with localization/internationalization.
- Track record of execution in international product management is highly desirable but not required.
- Fluency in multiple languages is highly desirable but not required.
CitySocialising are UK pioneers of the burgeoning Online2Offline trend, where online networking merges with the real world – a national subscription-based social network for outgoing urbanites to meet new likeminded people to socialise with in their city.
With communities established across 20 major cities in the UK, and recent roll out to a further 30 cities, the company has recently reached cash-flow positive and closed a Â£1m investment round with PROfounders Capital to invest in its product and marketing strategy and establish itself as a leading consumer brand, product and service in the Online2Offline space.
Founded in 2007, CitySocialising has to date organically developed an engaged, community of users who mobilise offline in groups to socialise together in their city. In addition CitySocialising organise and host their own regular events across the UK.
Recent jobs at CitySocialising
- Digital Creative wanted for paid Internship in the heart of London's Tech City at CitySocialising in London 18-01-2013
- Market Research Position - entry level at CitySocialising in Manchester 26-09-2012
- Venue Liaison Intern – Manchester office at CitySocialising in Manchester 05-09-2012
- Online Marketing Intern/Assistant at CitySocialising in London 26-06-2012
- CTO/Lead Ruby developer for early-stage VC funded company - help make the world a friendlier place t at CitySocialising in London 09-05-2012
- Experienced back-end developer: PHP + (Ruby or Python) x3 at CitySocialising in London 28-03-2011
- Marketing & Business Development Director at CitySocialising in London 28-03-2011