Marketing & Business Development Director
at CitySocialising in London
CitySocialising is at an exciting stage of development having recently secured Series A investment from PROfounders Capital, the European VC fund launched by UK tech luminaries Brent Hoberman (Lastminute.com) and Michael Birch (Bebo).
Weâ€™re now looking for an experienced and hands-on Marketing Director, with a keen business mind and ability to thrive in a start-up environment, to work directly with the founder/CEO, and with the support of our investor â€œdream teamâ€, to transform CitySocialising from an early-stage internet business into a leading consumer brand, product and service in the UK and Internationally.
The position provides a fantastic opportunity for a well-rounded and entrepreneurial marketing expert to have a huge and visible impact on our success. You will have a rare mix of creative and analytical talents, with proven experience in the digital space of successfully establishing and growing consumer and B2B brands by creating and executing unique online, offline, social media and PR marketing campaigns that met or exceeded business growth, revenue and customer acquisition objectives.
You will have the experience and confidence to contribute at board level and will play a key role in the development and execution of the companyâ€™s growth strategy and pending B2B model. This is a critical hire for the business and the package will reflect experience and the ability to make a significant contribution to the business. This will consist of base salary, bonus and options.
- Work directly with the CEO to define CitySocialising’s marketing and brand vision.
- Produce a fully integrated marketing and PR strategy (online and offline) that drives strong customer acquisition, brand awareness and revenue growth, and play a hands on role in executing it.
- Own the CitySocialising brand and lead consistent application of that brand identity across all marketing and communication channels and throughout the product.
- Manage and mentor a team of three marketing/PR/customer service juniors, and build the team appropriately including recruiting and managing external agency partners/freelancers, where required, to ensure best value-for-money.
- Prepare the marketing budget and consistently optimise, measure and report ROI of campaigns against this to make key decisions on marketing priorities, weighing up against growth targets and costs.
- Develop and negotiate strategic relationships with relevant brands and partners to drive user acquisition, add value to the CitySocialising proposition, position the company in different segments and/or introduce new revenue streams.
- Develop and implement a CRM system to increase subscriber conversion rates and extend lifetime value of subscribers.
- Develop a deep understanding of competitors and of relevant new and emerging technologies to help our Product/Tech team build a product that stays ahead of the industry.
- Analyze consumer segments and present market penetration plans. Prioritize market segments and penetration models and their effect on product development.
- Drive customer research to inform the Product and Operations strategy and pricing in line with customer needs and expectations and translate this research into new product feature ideas that will support customer acquisition and retention objectives.
- Work closely with Product Manager to author product specifications and user stories for new product features, and then to refine, implement, and measure.
- Develop and negotiate business relationships with relevant venue partners (B2B service)
- Participate in board (strategy and business) meetings.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Minimum BA/BS degree in business or marketing, or related field, with technology background 5 â€“ 8 years proven experience developing integrated marketing strategies, building and marketing successful consumer internet brands and driving impressive customer acquisition and revenue growth.
- Willing and able to get hands dirty in executing strategy.
- Direct experience across the range of marketing channels, including SEO, SEM, social media, affiliates, ATL, PR
- Strong knowledge of online business models, strategies and products. Experience with “freemium” or â€œtry and buyâ€ services preferred Hands-on experience in operating in a smaller, growing company environment.
- Proven leadership and management skills with successful track record of managing agency partners.
- Excellent communication and team-working skills. Ability to communicate at all levels, up to board level.
- Outstanding organisation and project management skills. Ability to handle multiple time-sensitive projects and competing priorities.
- Successful track record of developing and maintaining marketing budgets.
- Superb analytical skills and a good balance with creative talent.
- Possess a great business sense an unstoppable vision.
- Flexible and fast-paced work style; Familiarity with Agile development methodologies a strong plus.
CitySocialising are UK pioneers of the burgeoning Online2Offline trend, where online networking merges with the real world – a national subscription-based social network for outgoing urbanites to meet new likeminded people to socialise with in their city. With communities established across 20 major cities in the UK, and recent roll out to a further 30 cities, the company has recently reached cash-flow positive and closed a Â£1m investment round with PROfounders Capital to invest in its product and marketing strategy and establish itself as a leading consumer brand, product and service in the Online2Offline space.
Founded in 2007, CitySocialising has to date organically developed an engaged, community of users who mobilise offline in groups to socialise together in their city. In addition CitySocialising organise and host their own regular events across the UK.
Recent jobs at CitySocialising
- Digital Creative wanted for paid Internship in the heart of London's Tech City at CitySocialising in London 18-01-2013
- Market Research Position - entry level at CitySocialising in Manchester 26-09-2012
- Venue Liaison Intern – Manchester office at CitySocialising in Manchester 05-09-2012
- Online Marketing Intern/Assistant at CitySocialising in London 26-06-2012
- CTO/Lead Ruby developer for early-stage VC funded company - help make the world a friendlier place t at CitySocialising in London 09-05-2012