Business Development Internship in London start-up
at Sleepio in London
Experience business development in a fast-paced London start-up and help the world to sleep
We are Sleepio, a startup on a mission to help the 2 billion sleepless worldwide.
We strive to be world class in everything we do; our advisors include Martha Lane Fox (UK Digital Champion) and Prof Sir Neil Douglas (Chair of the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges) and last year we launched our online sleep improvement programme into Boots, backed by a gold-standard clinical trial.
The digital health movement is going from strength-to-strength – apply now to become part of it and help us revolutionise consumer healthcare!
2013 is a huge year for Sleepio – we launched last September and now need to get motoring building partnerships across the world to get Sleepio out to customers. You will be working directly for Business Development Director to help the team grow Sleepio in the UK and internationally. You will be joining at a crucial time when we will be hitting the road to go meet companies that we may want to team up with. It will be a great opportunity to be part of the whole partnership process.
You will experience all aspects of a start up and more specifically pick up skills to help you to get partnerships/new business off the ground. Including:
- Following up new business opportunities
- Developing the commercial terms of partnerships
- Communicating an understanding of the Sleepio product and partnership strategy to potential clients
- Put together presentations, chase people for meetings and everything else it takes to get a partnership live!
You will need to muck in with the rest of the team, but this isn’t about photocopying and coffee runs. We want someone who is going to add real value to the business, and in return we will make sure that you learn tons and get exposure to things you never would in a larger company.
We are looking for fun, interesting people to join our small but dedicated team. You will need to be smart and energetic with the confidence to put ideas forward and make mistakes, and the ability to learn quickly from them and work hard to get things right. Ideally you can demonstrate some past experience in:
* Commercial activities * Problem-solving * Handling difficult situations * Analysing new business opportunities * Excel and powerpoint
You will be based at our HQ in East London and all travel and food expenses will be paid. You need to be able to commit 3 months to the placement.
Identify a potential UK sales channel for Sleepio where we do not currently have a presence that you think you could get started on your own with minimal resource. Avoid retail (on- and off-line) and health insurers – everything else is up for grabs. Put together your answer and justification in no more than two powerpoint slides, then email it, along with your CV.
Recent jobs at Sleepio
- 3-Month Paid Marketing and PR Internship at Sleepio in London 11-03-2014
- Digital Marketing Internship at Sleepio in London 18-09-2013
- Digital Marketing Internship at Sleepio in London 25-01-2013
- Middleweight/Senior PHP Application Developer at Sleepio in London 05-10-2011