System Admin/Script Master @ Affectv
at Affectv in London
Behind every disruptive idea lies inspiration and perspiration, which is why we are looking for the best and the brightest, most talented people with the flair and ability to convert ideas into results. You will be part of an amazing team which is on its way to revolutionise the social advertising space.
About the Company
Affectv is an award winning ad technology company focused on the emerging field of Social Targeting. Working with over 120 leading advertisers across UK and Europe, Affectv analyses and maps how users are connected across the open social web, and combines this data with Real Time Bidding RTB) access to deliver unparalleled performance for online display and video advertisers. Led by experienced internet advertising professionals who have scaled ad startups previously, we’re currently seeking the right candidates to fit our enthusiastic and experienced team, and help position Affectv as the European leaders in Social Targeting.
You have a sense of humour and enjoy working in a challenging, fast paced start-up environment. You are self-motivated, can define your targets and then execute them. You believe that code is poetry, take great pride in your work and write code that is modular, easy to maintain and re-usable. You probably contribute to an open source project or have a couple of hobby projects of your own that you want to show us.
- You will be responsible for monitoring, commissioning and upgrading our servers.
- You will ensure that we have the server capacity when we need it. You will be familiar with setting up and managing AWS (Amazon’s Elastic Computing).
- You will be comfortable in at least one scripting language apart from Bash.
- You will be familiar with a setting up, monitoring and scaling a variety of systems – MongoDB clusters, Redis clusters, Neo4j, MySQL.
Skills and Experience
- Familiarity (or a keen desire to learn) with AWS, Hadoop, MongoDB, Redis, Nginx, Puppet.
- Strong analytical mind. Ability to figure out where and what the bottlenecks are. Always asking “Why?” and “Can this be done any faster?”.
- We work with HUGE datasets. We process millions of data points every month, about a million nodes, and millions of edges. And this data is growing every day! Experience with storing or processing large datasets is a plus.
- Some of the technologies we use are — AWS, Map/Reduce, NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis), MySQL, Twisted and *nix. It would help if you have experience with some or all of them.
- An understanding of ad servers and/or ad exchanges would be of benefit.
Recent jobs at Affectv
- Business Development Manager at Affectv in London 13-02-2015
- UK Sales Manager at Affectv in London 01-07-2014
- System Admin/DevOps at Affectv in London 24-06-2014
- International Sales Manager at Affectv in London 27-05-2014
- Senior Account Manager at Affectv in London 19-05-2014
- Data Scientist at Affectv in London 12-05-2014
- Infrastructure Engineer at Affectv in London 23-04-2014
- Web App Developer - Server Side at Affectv in London 21-03-2014
- Product Manager at Affectv in London 21-03-2014
- System Admin at Affectv in London 21-03-2014
- Big Data Engineer at Affectv in London 27-01-2014
- Full Stack Python Web Developer at Affectv in London 07-01-2014
- PR/Marketing Assistant intern with the potential for full time hire at Affectv in London 06-01-2014
- Finance Intern with Potential for Full Time Hire at Affectv in London 03-01-2014