JavaEE DEVELOPERS - M-TICKETING! Make a difference in the real world!
at Masabi in London
HELP MASABI CHANGE THE WORLD! BRING THE MAGIC OF M-TICKETING TO THE MASSES!
We are looking for a Java server developer to work with our existing server team to integrate a variety of travel web services and other features into our JavaEE / Spring / Hibernate/ GRAILS based server platform, which supports our mobile applications.
At Masabi we believe that mobile technology can impact people’s lives in a real, tangible way. That’s why we build mobile ticketing apps for transport companies that run on almost any phone: from iPhone, Blackberry and Android to everyday feature phones. With our technology, people can securely buy their ticket, have it delivered to their mobile, skip the queue and catch the train in seconds. Masabi designed the national standard for secure barcode tickets for the UK Association of Train Operating Companies, and is now working to roll out mobile barcode ticketing projects with UK train operating companies, and is also working with a number of international players with a view to rolling out our product in other territories.
The role involves working with our existing server developers and alongside the QA and client teams.
- Experience in creating (not just maintaining) webapps with Spring, Hibernate and web services;
- Technologies you will be working with: Tomcat behind Apache, Weblogic, MySQL, Spring 2.5, Hibernate (via Spring extensions), JMX, Windows and Linux, proprietary SOAP APIs including .Net extensions, REST.
- JavaEE on Tomcat;
- Spring platform – ideally including Spring ORM, remoting and MVC;
- Hibernate and MySQL;
- Web user interface technologies, from JSP through to JQuery;
SOAP/JSON and RESTful Web Services;
- JUnit or equivalent
Experience in any of the following would be beneficial, but not essential:
- Build management through Maven, ANT, Artifactory and Hudson/Jenkins;
- SVN or equivalent version control;
- Test Driven Development;
- GRAILS Development;
- Rabbit MQ
- Cloud based hosting environments
- Selenium or similar web UI test frameworks;
- Understanding of security (e.g. PCI-DSS);
- Understanding of encryption (e.g. RSA, AES, and when to use one over the other).
Development takes place within an agile team, with plenty of scope to contribute beyond just server development.
Masabi offers an employee share options scheme; optional interest-free annual travel loan; regular event days where we go and do fun things like go-karting and skiing; random stuff like fresh fruit all week and your choice of drinks in the fridge; and, if you’re really good, you can have a go on the train set!
We work out of an informal and funky office in Southwark, in a converted brick warehouse just south of the Tate Modern. It has excellent transport links, sitting between London Bridge, Southwark and Borough stations, in an area with some great lunching facilities, nice bars, world class modern art and a convenient river. Proximity to Borough Market is excellent news for gastronomes, if less good for their wallets!
What We Look For In Every Candidate:
Passionate, clear thinking, flexible, confident working in small teams, fluent in English and London – based, you’ll have a desire to be both critical, and receptive to the input of other team members.
Masabi offers an exciting and diverse work environment with plenty of opportunity to excel in a fast growing business solving a clear customer need with a working revenue share business model.
Masabi apps are generally expected to be cutting edge, great looking and incredibly easy to use – and most importantly, they are always aimed at solving real world problems for real people in a way that can’t help but make money for us because they’re just so useful for our end users. We’d like you to believe in that philosophy.
INTERESTED? E-MAIL YOUR CV IMMEDIATELY!!!!
Recent jobs at Masabi
- Android Application Developper - Make a difference in the real world! at Masabi in London 16-01-2012
- iPhone Application Developper - Make a difference in the real world! at Masabi in London 16-01-2012
- Mobile application developers - Make a difference in the real world! at Masabi in London 04-01-2012