Front End Web Designer
at We Make Websites in London
(₤25000 - ₤45000 per year)
We Make Websites make the best fashion and e-commerce websites on the internet and we are looking to expand our in-house talent to match client demand. We are Shopify Experts, which means we are the No.1 agency in the UK. We work with the best brands. Globally.
We are looking for a talented and dynamic front-end developer to design and build beautiful brand websites. Someone who really cares about the client journey and final result, not just getting the job finished on time. Our motto is “Design that converts” so they must be visually stunning but responsive, reactive and customer friendly.
As our future front-end developer, you’ll see the whole project through to completion. From kick-off client meetings, conceptualising the store and developing the front-end to client hand over. You will have the opportunity to define how each brand you work with appears online. We’re looking to fill junior, mid-weight and senior level roles
What do we need you to do?
- Design professional e-commerce stores using Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Provide accurate time and cost estimates on work.
- Produce prototypes using Invision and communicate directly with the client about your ideas.
- Discuss technical solutions with clients and provide innovative solutions.
- Work closely with the management team to deliver projects that are the best in the industry.
- Contribute to company processes and standards.
- Maintain a high awareness of industry trends that can help us produce better work.
What do we want from you?
- A strong portfolio demonstrating design and front-end skills, please send a link to your portfolio when you apply
- Excellent understanding of usability and design patterns.
- Great responsive HTML/SASS skills.
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills.
A bonus if you have…
- Knowledge of Shopify & LIQUID language.
- Knowledge of SEO
- Knowledge of fashion, retail and e-commerce industry
- Salary ranging from £30k – £45k depending on experience.
- 28 days paid holiday per year.
- Office closed Christmas to New Years, work from home or take as holiday.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- An inspiring, comfortable and social office on Leather Lane market in Farringdon with good transport connections.
- We are a social bunch so expect to have fun with drinks, lunches and the odd night out. Don’t worry, we don’t do fancy dress.
- Free coffee and fruit.
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including courses, equipment and training.
Add great achievements to your CV, we’re a small team and your influence will be direct with some big and well-known brands. Last year alone we doubled in size and you’ll have the chance to shape how we grow this year and beyond.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.