Customer Operations Manager
at MyBuilder in London
(₤40000 - ₤50000 per year)
MyBuilder is an online marketplace dedicated to helping homeowners find quality tradespeople through the power of reviews. Our mission is to change the building industry. We’ve built a fantastic product, but MyBuilder is nothing without great tradespeople. That’s where you come in.
The Trade Quality team is responsible for screening and monitoring tradespeople, so our homeowner customers have the best experience using MyBuilder. We’re looking for an experienced customer operations manager and home improvements enthusiast to head up the team in a brand new role.
The Customer Operations Manager will report to the Head of Customer Service and work at our Central London office.
- Build a high-performing team. Communicate direction and goals, coach and provide regular performance feedback.
- Be an effective player-coach. Dedicate a portion of your time each week to rolling up your sleeves and working alongside the team.
- Coordinate and drive continuous improvements to our pioneering trade evaluation process. Help create metrics and reporting to identify and prioritise actions.
- Collaborate with our product team to develop and optimise the online trade application journey.
- Manage background checking and fraud prevention activities. Identify new and innovative ways of improving upfront and ongoing screening methods.
- Develop and optimise team workflows to improve productivity. Create procedures that promote best practice and ensure consistency across the team.
- Gain insight into user issues, making recommendations to improve our product and service.
- Foster good team relations and encourage collaboration with the wider team. Champion team achievements within the company.
Who we’re looking for
We seek a smart, passionate and experienced leader who knows how to motivate a team and get things done. You should be organised, able to create effective plans and prioritise according to ever-changing demands.
The ideal candidate will have good general knowledge about home improvements and the related trades. We’re a data-driven web business so you should have strong analytical skills and a healthy interest in technology.
This is a fantastic challenge for the right candidate, and we’ll offer all the support you need to succeed and make the role your own.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Decent food, exotic drinks
- Foosball, darts, skateboards & guitars
MyBuilder is a special place to work, and we take a lot of pride in our team. We are software developers, musicians, journalists, artists, ex-financial services and everything in between. We look for people who are curious, passionate about their jobs, hard working and not afraid to fail in pursuit of getting it right next time.
We’ll set you up with a shiny new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely office located near Old Street. You’ll enjoy the best coffee around, great food and regular team outings. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a top-flight team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time.
How to apply
If this sounds like your next challenge, write to us. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
Recent jobs at MyBuilder
- Senior Software Engineer (PHP) at MyBuilder in London 05-07-2017
- Account Advisor at MyBuilder in London 23-08-2017
- Consumer Support Specialist at MyBuilder in London 23-08-2017
- Customer Operations Associate at MyBuilder in London 23-08-2017
- Customer Services Opportunities at MyBuilder in London 23-08-2017
- Content Researcher/Writer at MyBuilder in London 23-08-2017
- ReactJS Developer at MyBuilder in London 23-08-2017
- PPC Manager at MyBuilder in London 24-10-2017
- Customer Operations Support at MyBuilder in London 02-11-2017