Native iOS / Android Developer
at myrecovery in London
(₤40000 - ₤70000 per year)
Through our close relationships with private hospitals in the UK and US, the myrecovery app is already being used by patients to help with their operative journey, and delivering useful data insights through our backend.
We build the app natively on iOS (Swift 3) and Android (Java). Model/logic code is almost 1:1 and the porting process is highly test-driven. UI layers are native and vary where appropriate. The first iOS native version is now on the App Store, and the Android version will be on Google Play imminently.
We are seeking a confident native mobile developer with strong experience of one or both platforms who is keen to work as a ‘dual stack’ native developer across both platforms, keeping them in lock-step but exploiting the native UI. This is a rare opportunity to develop your experience across both platforms, understanding how to work productively, exploiting both similarities and differences. Our roadmap will first deliver the native apps through a growing series of partnerships with private hospital networks in the UK and US, then become a true B2C offering to all patients later in 2017.
Whilst experience across both platforms is ideal, we would consider someone expert in one of the platforms, with a strong desire to learn the other.
The native iOS/Android developer will have the following responsibilities:
- Taking sole ownership of half of the myrecovery native mobile app across both platforms (iOS, Android)
- Working productively as part of a scrum team of 4-6 developers
- Delivering high quality, testable code
- Maintaining and applying up-to-date knowledge of iOS/Android native app practices, including use of 3rd party tools/libraries
- Championing best practices for architecture, development and testing
The following skills/experience are required:
- Degree-level qualification, ideally in computer science / maths
- At least 2 years experience of native iOS and/or Android development
- Very strong knowledge of native iOS and/or Android APIs, especially UI
- Publishing and maintaining at least one iOS and/or Android app
- Experience of using test frameworks
The following skills/experience are desirable:
- Understanding best practices in test automation
- Python for scripting
Salary: Very competitive, depending on experience.
- 25 days paid holiday
- Employee share options
- Great working environment in a modern, private office
- Annual budget for learning and development
- Developer-spec laptop and monitors
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CAN ONLY PURSUE AN INTERVIEW PROCESS WITH APPLICANTS ALREADY RESIDENT IN THE UK. IF YOU ARE NOT RESIDENT IN THE UK PLEASE DO NOT APPLY, AS WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION.
Recent jobs at myrecovery
- Fullstack Web Developer at myrecovery in London 28-11-2016