Fullstack Web Developer
at myrecovery in London
(₤35000 - ₤70000 per year)
Through our close relationships with private hospitals in the UK, the early version of the myrecovery app is already being used by patients to help with their operative journey, and delivering useful data insights through our backend.
Our web infrastructure is hosted on AWS and comprises: a full data pipeline including mobile app analytics, patient results, extract/transform/load, and reporting; an auth server; a CMS front-end, and a Patient Relationship Management front-end. We practice CI and CD using Docker and Ansible. We currently use Python/Django on the backend, and Angular for frontend – interested in moving to React.
Our roadmap will first deliver the myrecovery native apps through a growing series of partnerships with private hospital networks in the UK and US, then extend to any patient through a public release on the app stores. Our web infrastructure must scale accordingly, and deliver dashboards for use by a large number of hospital and medical device partners. Together initially with one other fullstack developer, you will own the entire web portfolio.
The fullstack web developer will have the following responsibilities:
- Taking ownership of the existing fledgling CMS / PRM products and REST endpoints (used by the CMS / PRM, and the mobile app)
- Working alongside our existing fullstack developer to deliver a product roadmap for the CMS / PRM and REST endpoints
- Providing support where required for the company website
- Working productively as part of a scrum team of 4-6 developers
- Delivering high quality, testable code
- Championing best practices for architecture, development and testing
The following skills/experience are required:
- Degree-level qualification, ideally in computer science / maths
- At least 2 years experience of fullstack web development, including REST
- Strong knowledge of at least one backend MVC framework (ideally Python)
- Using test frameworks and CI
- Using cloud services, ideally AWS, and CD
The following skills/experience are desirable:
- Developing RESTful endpoints for mobile apps
- Experience of developing RESTful APIs using any modern backend framework
- Experience of OAuth 2 / OpenID Connect
- 25 days paid holiday
- Employee share options
- Great working environment in a modern, private office
- Annual budget for learning and development
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CAN ONLY PURSUE AN INTERVIEW PROCESS WITH APPLICANTS ALREADY RESIDENT IN THE UK. IF YOU ARE NOT RESIDENT IN THE UK PLEASE DO NOT APPLY, AS WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION.