at FundApps in London
(₤25000 - ₤35000 per year)
FundApps is a startup that helps investment managers comply with worldwide regulations. Our competition is stuck in the dark ages with slow, clunky, complicated user interfaces and installed software. We’re shaking up the industry – providing a beautiful & intuitive web-based service which takes away our customer’s pains and lets them get on with what they do best.
Rapptr, our main product, isn’t some shiny but vacant consumer app. There’s real complexity both in terms of volumes of data that we deal with, and how we visualise the results of hundreds of rules running across thousands of portfolios – in a way that’s simple, understandable and easy to manage.
We’re a small team of smart, friendly people who collaborate closely and take pride in delivering amazing software and providing outstanding customer support. You’ll help shape what we work on and how we do it. You won’t be micro-managed or stuck in a rut. We work hard on challenging problems but have a good time doing it.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams and we welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual identity, faith or disability to join our team of superstars.
We are looking for motivated, intelligent individuals to join our close-knit engineering team. We are agile and pride ourselves in getting our team up and running fast – expect to be working on your first feature in week one!
We are looking for a designer with:
- An eye for detail who creates pixel-perfect designs
- A passion for both web and graphic design
- A structured and analytical approach to solving design problems
- An interest in usability design
- A flexible work attitude, who works well in teams and can also take the initiative when necessary
What will I be working on?
- Creating pixel-perfect UI designs
- Creating engaging marketing materials for both web and print
- Helping create UX deliverables such as user wireframes, user journeys and prototypes
- Supporting the senior designer as well as other team members across the development and marketing teams.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- 2+ years’ experience designing user interfaces with a stunning portfolio to reflect this
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
Other useful skills include:
- Knowledge of wireframing or prototyping tools e.g. Omnigraffle, Sketch, Axure, Invision, Balsamiq, Visio, Gliffy
- Knowledge of animation or video-editing software e.g. Adobe Flash, Camtasia
- Experience with print design (e.g. leaflets, magazine adverts)
- Experience building style guides
- Experience designing for responsive websites
- No bureaucracy, just get it done
- Relaxed, spacious office in Shoreditch with Sonos & fresh coffee
- Generous personal budget to spend as you see fit on books, conferences, training subscriptions etc.
- Peer-led learning, knowledge sharing and professional development across the company through “Brown-bag lunch” sessions on a weekly basis
- We’ll cover expenses to any conference or event you’re speaking at
- Bumper Fruit basket on Mondays, healthy snacks, Deskbeers on Fridays and a whole lot of social activity all week (board games, 5-a-side, badminton)
- Monthly socials (paintballing, karaoke and minigolf were all popular recent trips)
- 2 days company volunteering & 32 hours of paid personal volunteering leave to use with an organisation of your choice
- Half price gym membership & cycle to work scheme
- Progressive maternity and paternity policy
- Quality equipment and a fantastic location in the heart of Shoreditch