at Idea Drop in London
(₤35000 per year)
Role: UI/UX Designer
Company: Idea Drop
Location: Bermondsey, London
Start date: Immediately
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum
Idea Drop is a London-based startup helping organisations everywhere capture and action the best ideas from their people. We’ve raised £1.2m, are backed by a team of great investors and are now building a diverse and talented team to carry out our mission to make the world’s ideas more open, transparent and collaborative. We already count large UK Police Forces and Fortune 500 companies as clients but we’re just getting started.
You will play a key role in helping with the creation of successful user experiences by taking a project from conception, through analysis, wire-framing, prototyping, and implementation to deliver compelling solutions for multiple new products and platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a love of all things interface, coupled with hands-on strengths and competencies. The person in this position should be willing to strive and deliver business outcomes through improving the experience that customers have with Idea Drop.
- Collaborate closely with our software team and other disciplines across the company to deliver elegant solutions to complex workflows.
- Work with a Scrum Development team to implement and refine designs.
- Collaborate with Product Management to define and implement creative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience.
- Take the initiative in providing input and feedback in cross-team discussions.
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and making constructive suggestions for change.
- Be the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centred perspective.
- Use research-related services, theories, and methods to support your recommendations.
- Execute visual design stages from concept and development to release and maintenance.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Design and update other brand and marketing collateral including updates to our website, social content, print-based designs and other media.
- Demonstrable UI and UX design skills with a strong portfolio
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, other visual design and wireframing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Clear and accessible communication skills, especially in presenting designs
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Ability to work in team and pair/team design experiences
- Deep knowledge of a variety of UX methodologies and frameworks
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
We believe in creating a happy, exciting working culture.
- Up to £35,000 salary – with regular compensation reviews – great work is rewarded!
- Health insurance for you and your dependents.
- Membership of PureGym, 5 minutes walk from the office.
- 25 days flexible holiday p/a + bank holidays.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
- An opportunity for quick progression and development if you’re the right fit.
- A chance to be at the beginning of building something big.
- A newly fitted office with loads of free drinks 1 minute from Bermondsey station.
Recent jobs at Idea Drop
- Content Marketing & Business Operations – £25,000 PA at Idea Drop in London 06-12-2016