at Truly in London
FOR PEOPLE WHO COLLECT MEMORIES, NOT STUFF.
Come and help us on our journey to become the leading marketplace for amazing memories and shared experiences!
- Winner: Luxury Website of the Year
- Winner: Online Retailer of the Year
We’re looking for a versatile, enthusiastic engineer who will help us to create better and more engaging user experiences for our customers. Together we’ll work on:
- Radically reducing our cost-to-serve through innovative use of technology
- Improving the UI and UX for our mobile and desktop users through better design, faster response times, better communication and new features
We are driven by metrics and customer feedback – with the work you put in you’ll get to see the effects each week.
Some of the tech
Node.js, AWS (Lambda, EC2, SNS, SQS, S3), React, PHP & Magento e-commerce, Redis, Ansible.
Who the role would suit
We’re looking for a developer who has had a few years of experience coding with other companies. You’ll understand how to code in a team, following a process. You’ll have a good understanding of languages, frameworks and how web-based systems are put together and you have a strong desire to continue to learn all aspects of the craft.
We like engineers who code for readability and maintainability. These are some other desirable traits you might have:
- You write automated tests
- You understand the use for a .editorconfig
- You document when you make changes others might need to understand in the future
- Your commit messages make sense
- You make technical decisions that future-you won’t hate you for
- You don’t mind being available for out-of-hours emergencies
- You ask for help when you don’t know something
- You speak up when you think there’s a better way to do something
- You understand the need for a common development process
- You keep up-to-date with software engineering by reading blogs and attending interesting meetups
The interview process is:
- An initial screening call
- A technical test in the form of a friendly, non-scary pairing session
- A face-to-face interview
- An interview with some of the wider team
Finally, we’re very hard working but we do enjoy celebrating the end of a good week and trying out one or two of our amazing experiences for ourselves and as a team!