Hola! Spanish-speaking .NET Consultant / Project Manager.
at Mongoose Gray in London
($120000 per year)
Note this role is based out of AUSTIN, TX
HOW WILL A TYPICAL DAY BE SPENT?
Engaging with developers, change professionals, business analysts and project managers.
Executing proof of concepts before architecting and deploying appropriate technical solutions.
Using your business acumen to ensure technical implementations are fit for purpose.
Designing, implementing and testing component reusability models.
Supporting clients, giving demos, training, mentoring, providing consultancy services.
Showcasing solutions, outlining benefits, identifying potential future business opportunities.
WHAT’S THE WORKING CULTURE LIKE?
Passionate, driven, ambitious, collaborative. Personal career journeys are firmly aligned to the corporate roadmap. Big company ambitions with a small company feel. Consultants are fiercely loyal to the company and this is borne out by a very low attrition rate.
WHAT’S INTERESTING ABOUT THE ROLE?
In many ways you will feel like your own boss. You will need to be independent, flexible and able to travel extensively throughout the US and LATAM to client sites. The role will bring lots of autonomy including a significant opportunity for remote working.
WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES?
If you enjoy the formal structure of a corporate environment then this is not for you. You will need be self-motivated and versatile enough to wear multiple hats i.e. consultant, project manager, business analyst, technician, mentor, adviser. You will have a network of consultants to support you in the early days but thereafter you will be expected to stand on your own two feet.
WHAT’S MY BACKGROUND?
You come from a technical hands-on development (.NET, Java, C# or similar) environment and be looking to move (or have recently moved) into a more strategic, consultative, client-facing role such as business analysis or project management. It is essential that you are eligible to work in the US and a fluent Spanish speaker.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an exciting success story and to grow with a company that has world-class ambitions. In many ways progression will be what you make it.
WHAT ARE THE NUMBERS?
Up to $120,000 + excellent benefits + share options.
WHAT TECHNICAL SKILLS WILL I NEED?
- Programming background in .NET, Java, C# or similar.
- An understanding of object-orientated, structured development methodologies.
WHAT BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE WILL I NEED?
- Prior experience of controls, processes, procedures, tactical and strategic solutions.
- An affinity for change management, business analysis and process reengineering.
- Working knowledge of BPO, ERP, business transformation and automation concepts.
- Any prior exposure to a financial services environment would be a real plus.
WHAT ABOUT SOFT SKILLS?
- Highly personable, engaging, client-facing, confident, credible, articulate, consultative, affable.
- Gravitas and credibility to face off to senior business stakeholders, able to instil confidence.
- Sixth sense for identifying, troubleshooting and remediating issues, both business and technical.
- Able to tailor a message to the audience, combined with exceptional presentation skills.
- Able to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid mentoring, training and consulting skills.
Recent jobs at Mongoose Gray
- Do you speak IT? Senior 3rd Line / IT Technician | Managed Services. at Mongoose Gray in London 06-01-2017
- We're looking for a Software Developer who doesn't want to develop software. at Mongoose Gray in London 03-05-2017
- Strong swimmers only. Junior Software Developer | Manchester, UK. at Mongoose Gray in London 19-05-2017
- Swap your Panamax for a Riva. Management Consultant | Complex Change. at Mongoose Gray in London 10-06-2017
- Turning a David into a Goliath. Strategic Project Manager. at Mongoose Gray in London 16-07-2017