Senior Backend Web Developer / Tech Lead at London ticketing startup
at Ingresso in London
(₤50000 - ₤70000 per year)
What we are looking for
Our ticketing platform consists of:
- an API (exclusively powering amazon.co.uk’s ticketing business)
- ticketing websites (eg From the Box Office and Disney Tickets)
The main challenges relevant to this role:
- We aim to make the two products above the best in market. You will work on them and recommend improvements based on your experience with other APIs etc.
- We are in the process of migrating from a monolithic architecture to a microservices architecture. It is important you have experience of a modern services-based architecture running at scale.
- We still have a large legacy Objective-C code base which needs to be actively developed to ensure we move fast. We need someone who is prepared to get stuck in to whatever is needed to get the job done.
- You need knowledge of Python (we use this for new some services and all websites), and preferably experience with a modern C-based language (some new services are written in Go and the majority of code is written in Objective-C).
- At the higher salary range the candidate would be expected to move to a technical lead role within a year.
You will report to the CTO and will have responsibility for architecting and developing new services and products. The position involves interesting challenges including proposing and building internal APIs, ensuring high transactional throughput, and simplifying the system to prepare our current platform for client growth.
We expect you to recommend improvements to our architecture, and to offer solutions using modern tools and development practices. You will need to be able to work closely with others in the development team, product management, and others in the business.
- Experience architecting and building backend applications, end to end
- Ability to write in Python (backend and Django) and Go (we will consider experience in similar languages).
- Experience with modern technologies / platforms and architectures
- Experience delivering high-scale low latency applications
- Strong database and SQL knowledge, and knowledge of new datastores (Redis, Memcache etc)
- Strong drive to create the best possible product
- Willingness to get stuck in to whatever is needed and not limit yourself to just the new stuff
- Work well in a team – contribute ideas, listen to others, help junior devs
Nice to have
- DevOps experience
- Experience with Git and Continuous Integration environments
- Experience in startup environments and agile-like development
Who we are
Ingresso is a London-based ticketing startup. We have done the work to connect to a large number of ticketing system APIs, allowing us to transact directly on the venue’s system. This ensures our platform has live access to the same pool of tickets that the venue sells, last minute selling, and minimal manual work for the venue and ticket seller. We are profitable, well-backed, and growing fast.
London, W6. Please only apply if you are able to meet for interview, have a permanent UK work permit, and can work on-site.
We have other development roles on our website (www.ingresso.co.uk).
Please send your CV along with a brief paragraph explaining why we should consider you.
= No recruiters =