Full Stack or Backend Web Developer at London ticketing startup
at Ingresso in London
(₤35000 - ₤45000 per year)
What we are looking for
We are looking for a smart and motivated developer (either full-stack or backend) to join our team, reporting to the CTO.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of new products and enhancing existing products. We would expect you to be working on services, consumer-facing websites (if you have full-stack experience), and API development (both producing and consuming). It is important you have knowledge of either Python or a C-based language since we have services written in Python, Go and Objective-C.
We in time expect you to recommend improvements to our architecture, and to offer solutions using modern tools and development practices. You will need to be able to work closely with others in the development team, the product owner, and others in the business.
The position involves interesting challenges including migrating to a services-based architecture, proposing and building internal APIs, moving infrastructure to the cloud, and simplifying the system to prepare our current platform for client growth.
We are looking at candidates with a range of experience, from recent graduates (with some commercial experience) to 3 years.
- Experience building and delivering backend applications, end to end
- Experience in Python or a modern C-based language
- Interested in modern technologies / platforms and architectures
- Good database and SQL knowledge
- Motivated and results-driven (you can self manage your projects)
- Good communication, have an analytic mindset, and be a fast learner
Nice to Have
- Experience delivering high-scale low latency applications
- DevOps experience
- New datastore experience (Redis, Memcache, etc)
- Experience with modern version control systems (Git) and Continuous Integration environments
- Experience in startup environments and agile-like development
Who we are
Ingresso is a London-based ticketing startup. We have done the work to connect to a large number of ticketing system APIs, allowing us to transact directly on the venue’s system. This ensures our platform has live access to the same pool of tickets that the venue sells, last minute selling, and minimal manual work for the venue and ticket seller. We are profitable, well-backed, and growing fast.
Our core products are:
- an API (exclusively powering amazon.co.uk’s ticketing business)
- ticketing websites (eg From the Box Office and Disney Tickets)
London, W6. Please only apply if you are able to meet for interview, have a permanent UK work permit, and can work on-site.
We have other development roles on our website (www.ingresso.co.uk).
Please send your CV along with a brief paragraph explaining why we should consider you.
= No recruiters =