Frontend Developer - Winner of 'Best UK Company to Work for' 2 years running!
at Simply business in London
Simply Business – We are looking for a Frontend Developer (Mid level and Senior positions)
If you’re smart, passionate about technology and enjoy solving complex technical challenges then you should apply to join our best-in-class tech team. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis.
In fact, our impressive and enjoyable working culture has earned us 1st place winners in the ‘Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work for’ – two years in a row for 2015 and 2016!
- Working on our responsive website & various projects and pushing the boundaries with modern technologies
- Collaborating with tech and business teams to deliver customer focused products
- Working alongside product and UX teams to analyse business requirements
- Helping us continually improve by suggesting new technologies, tools and ways of working
- Taking ownership of projects and driving them forward
Some things we believe in
- Agile / Lean / TDD / BDD / Continuous Delivery (we release software to production about 14 times a day on average) / cross functional teams working together on projects (Dev/QA/UX/product) / Active participation in open source
- Never chaining ourselves to a technology – always experimenting and ‘using the right tool for the job’
- Thought leadership – we host meetup groups and present talks in our office and the community
- Creating a great working environment and culture (modern open plan office, flexible hours, remote working, regular team events, paid company holidays abroad, afterwork clubs – like UX, Robotic, Data science clubs, ruby coding challenges over pizza, lunchtime TED talks and lot’s more!)
- Continuous learning – we look to pay for conferences and courses. Recently we have sent some of our Devs out to Miami, Portugal and Barcelona for tech events and conferences (paid for).
What we are looking for
- Awareness of users/customer-focused
- Interest in good front-end architecture & practices
- Able to communicate well with tech & non-tech colleagues
- Ability to analyse & discuss business requirements and ask the right questions
- Understanding and appreciation for Agile practices
- Mobile/device awareness
- Experience with SASS
- Full stack development skills
- Experience with React and ES6
Our tech stack
What we can offer
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- A multi-award winning working culture and environment
- Life insurance, 5% pension scheme & childcare vouchers
- A ‘pick & mix’ benefits package consisting of:
- Gym membership
- Private medical care
- Dental cover
- Extra holidays, and more!
- Money back on daily well-being costs (massage, contact lenses etc)
- A fun & social working environment
- The opportunity to work with a best-in-class team who are at the forefront of tech providing thought
leadership and hosting meetup groups in our office and presenting talks on the subject
- Company trips abroad (paid for!) – We’ve been Brussels twice and Barcelona over the last few years!
- Career development – we look to fund relevant training courses and conference
- Free daily breakfast, snacks & hot & cold drinks
- A company that drives continuous innovation with forthnightly and annual hackathons
Awards and Achievements
- Winner of the ‘Top 100 Best Companies to Work for 2015’ – Sunday Times
- 3 Star (highest) accreditation in “Best Small Companies to Work for” – Best Companies Ltd 2015 & 2016
- Business Intelligence Project of the Year – Tech, Data & Analytics Awards 2015
- ‘Best Use of Audience Insight’ – Digi Awards
- “Use of Organic Search (SEO)” Dadi Awards
- Accredited “Geared for Giving employer” – outstanding contributions to charity
- “Most Agile Aware Organisation Award” – Agile Awards
- “Best Use of Mobile Technology Award” – Technology in Insurance Awards
- Named in the “Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA”
- Listed in “Sunday Times Tech Track 100” for fastest growing technology companies
Where we are
Down the road from Old Street and Tech City, we’re located in Moorgate.
How to Apply
Please apply for this role though this workinstartups website please.
Due to the volume of applications we receive across the entire business, we unfortunately cannot respond to each applicant with individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days then please assume you have been unsuccessful.