Full stack PHP web developer
at Zodiac Media in London
(₤20000 - ₤45000 per year)
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and talented Full Stack PHP Web Developer to join our friendly team.
About the role:
Zodiac Media primarily specializes in PHP website development covering front and back-end coding and server management. Essentially, we turn designs into great websites. In terms of technology we like to use Symfony for our bespoke work, Drupal or WordPress for CMS sites, and Magento for eCommerce sites. We also like to keep our skills up to date so we’re not averse to trying out the latest in vogue technologies if our projects justify them. For example right now we’re also working on a React Native hybrid web app for one of our clients. Our project work involves everything from small start-up companies to multinationals.
We feel we’re a great company to work for, but obviously we would say that, so here are a few reasons why you should choose to work with us:
- You’re not a cog in a machine! – Due to our small size developers here take on a lot more responsibility than they would in large agencies. Want to gain experience interacting with clients? – no problem, that would be a great help!
- Varied and interesting work that means you’re constantly learning – Your work will change frequently as we have about a dozen active client projects and developers move between them depending on availability. One week you could be coding a WordPress plugin, the next working on a bespoke eCommerce platform and then after that building an API for use in a mobile app.
- We have a relaxed and fun office vibe – Why shouldn’t the office be an enjoyable place to be? We have a permanent “dress down” clothing policy, a free barista style coffee machine, and regular Friday lunches out in Stockwell.
- An easier commute – We offer free breakfast for all staff, have shower and cycle facilities and by not being based right in the city the commute is lower stress. Our office is based about a 10 minute walk from Stockwell tube, which is on both the Victoria and Northern lines, so we’re easy to get to.
- Good work life balance – We work 9am to 5:30pm with a 1 hour lunch break. We feel 37.5 hours per week is more than enough time spent at work, so it’s very rare to find staff working late. We also offer 24 days of paid holiday per year.
Skills & Requirements:
As a start you should have a good knowledge of:
- Object Oriented PHP5, including experience with a PHP framework
- HTML & CSS (with knowledge of responsive techniques)
- Code repositories
- Cross browser compatibility
- Previous work with Sass, Vagrant, Gulp and Git would be a bonus
You’ll have at least a year of commercial web development experience and should be confident enough to take on some responsibility in development projects. Good knowledge of both front and back-end development is a must.
More important than any of the above is that you are intelligent, passionate about website development, and are always looking to learn and improve your skills.
You must also have the indefinite right to live and work in the UK and be able to work onsite at our office during normal working hours.
If you tick off all of the above then we’d be really excited to work with you.