at Get Smooth in London
(₤25000 - ₤40000 per year)
Get Smooth is reinventing the way men access and experience personal grooming services, products and advice. We’re looking for an Operations Manager to join our core team and help shape the direction of the company.
We launched Europe’s first on demand barbering service in London at the beginning of 2016. Since then we’ve delivered over 3,000 haircuts, beard trims and wet shaves to homes, offices and events throughout the city, working with a number of exciting brands including GQ, DIESEL, Uber, Spotify, PayPal and Deliveroo.
The male grooming industry is big, currently valued at over $21.4bn worldwide. It’s largely offline and it’s growing fast, set to increase 24% by 2020.
The opportunity is massive. Come capture it with us.
Some of the things you’ll love about Get Smooth
- Small team with huge ambition
- The chance to have a real impact in a high growth startup
- Opportunity to shape the role and make it your own
- Diversity – we’re all very different and we love that!
- Free haircuts & blow drys for guys or girls (+ beard trims and wet shaves too for the guys)!
Some of the stuff you’ll be doing
- Take ownership of the operations at the heart of the business
- Connect the supply and demand sides of the business, ensuring clear lines of communication and effective feedback mechanisms
- Develop scalable barber recruitment and training processes
- Plan and execute events with new and existing business clients / partners
- Help conceive, plan and execute business development and marketing activities, including promotional events, photo shoots and strategic partnerships
- Lead customer success and help refine the Get Smooth experience
- Optimise business operations through creativity and process development
- Drive growth through new and exciting projects
- Take on a leadership role in the company, with exposure to and input in wider business areas including strategy and fundraising
What makes you the perfect fit
- We’re looking for someone with relevant experience, but attitude is more important
- We need a challenger, a learner, an entrepreneur, a team player
- Someone adaptable, self-motivated and full of creative ideas to acquire and retain customers
- Someone who can work autonomously and who’s excited by the prospect of taking ownership and responsibility
For the right person, there’s a competitive salary, generous stock options and the opportunity to transform an industry.