Lead Platform Engineer
at Aiwip in London
We are looking to hire our first lead platform engineer to help us scale our existing infrastructure.
You will oversee the expansion and refinement of these systems with a focus on security, reliability and simplicity as Aiwip expands its product offering, grows its engineering team and targets a larger audience with its growing number of installations.
The ideal candidate will have 4+ years experience as a platform engineer and proficiency in the following languages, frameworks, tools and disciplines:
- Django (including Django REST Framework and Django Management Commands)
- AWS (EC2, S3, ELB, EBS, CloudFront, ElastiCache, Route 53, IAM, RDS)
- RESTful API Design
- Data Modeling and Database Management (MySQL, Redis)
- Messaging and Task Queues (Celery, RabbitMQ, AWS SQS)
- Network Security
- Continuous Integration and Deployment (Jenkins CI, Fabric)
- Test-Driven Development
- Source Code Management (Git, GitHub)
- Data Warehousing and Analysis (Google Analytics, Flurry, Amazon Redshift)
It is also desirable for you to have experience with:
- Building and maintaining scalable, reliable, secure RESTful web services
- Optimizing delivery of static and dynamic content (caching, CDNs, etc.)
- Analyzing logs and optimizing system performance
The Lead Platform Engineer will establish engineering processes, optimize developer workflows, automate routine tasks and safeguard critical operations. They will contribute to ongoing product feature development and actively contribute to Aiwip’s product and engineering infrastructure roadmaps.
You must be a motivated self-starter, capable of driving projects to completion. They should be obsessed with code quality and scalable architecture but mindful of deadlines and capable of shipping “good” while iterating toward “perfect.”
They should possess excellent written and oral communication skills, write clear and concise documentation and proactively communicate project statuses. They should be curious, passionate and enthusiastic learners, capable of sharing their knowledge with others. They should champion best practices (design, performance, testing, security, etc.) and enjoy mentoring their peers.
Work-life balance is important to us. We work at a sustainable pace, set responsible deadlines and keep flexible schedules.
Aiwip is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusivity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Only experienced candidates who fit the job description will be considered and contacted.
Please provide any code samples or links to projects that you may have.