at Hubble in London
As a product engineer you will have end-to-end ownership of projects, working on the full-stack to improve the Hubble platform. Projects can have multiple people involved but will always have one person leading who will be responsible for the work getting done.
We balance getting feedback early with building highly polished products and understand the tradeoff between these two approaches. Because of this we ship to production multiple times per day and split big projects into digestible chunks. Once a feature is shipped we measure everything and spend a lot of time evaluating data in Mixpanel and conducting user research.
We do not have an Engineering team; you will be joining the Engineering function. Our teams are cross-functional where you will be working side by side with marketers and salespeople. This enables us to build more impactful products with engineers that are closer to the customer problems and all the tools to build amazing solutions.
Finally, as a marketplace we have several different elements that make up our platform. Every week you could be working on something new, such as:
- Search: our customers often don’t know what they want but somehow we need to help them find exactly what they are looking for.
- Viewings: tenants want to view spaces and we facilitate that with a time slot based viewing system. In the future we plan to experiment with VR to solve this problem.
- Data: our exhaustive set of office and search data helps customers understand the complex office industry and helps us to make decisions about the business.
- Host Tools: too many of our hosts live in Excel and we feel for them. We provide tools to help hosts promote their offices and manage their space.
- Automation: we do things manually until they need to be automated. Our platform is just the tip of the iceberg and we’re always improving our internal tools.
- Scaling: as our inventory grows, our customer base increases and we expand globally we’ll need to tackle the challenges that come with it.
- Plus a whole host of other stuff that we are planning and working on.
We are still a small team and so we have a fairly flat hierarchy, a relaxed atmosphere and there are always opportunities to have input in all aspects of the business.
Though we would like you to:
- have 2+ years experience programming and an understanding of how to build production systems.
- have worked in an engineering team before and have experience building products used by real customers.
- have a good understanding of the web platform as a whole and awareness of frontend, backend and RESTful best practices.
- have a desire to learn and develop as an engineer.
- have an entrepreneurial mindset, having experimented with side projects or with an ambition to start a company in the future.
E1 6LA, London
£30,000 – £50,000