Product Management Associate
at Winnow in London
(₤12000 per year)
Food waste is a $1 trillion problem. It costs hospitality over $100bn every year, primarily due to wasted food purchasing costs, but also wasted labour, energy, and disposal costs. We at Winnow believe that food is far too valuable to waste, and that technology can transform the way we produce food. Our team is made of people who all share a passion for food and technology.
Winnow was founded in London, UK in 2013. We have worked with hundreds of sites and are operating in over 10 countries around the world supported by our offices in London and Singapore. We are a rapidly growing company with a strong base of clients who are rolling our system out globally. We have blue-chip customers including Accor Hotels, Hyatt, Marriott, Compass Group and many others.
This job offers a unique opportunity to become involved in one of the hottest areas of sustainability, with a rapidly growing startup.
Are you passionate, pragmatic, and collaborative with a strong attention to detail?
We are passionate about what we do and have a strong set of values as an organization. We are looking for you to come and join as a communicator between our product and operations teams as an intern to help manage our product and process documentation. In addition to working with our product function in an agile environment, you will also have the opportunity to take part in shaping our documentation and training processes. This role requires a good technical understanding, excellent written and oral communication skills, strong attention to detail and a working understanding of common tools for content creation and management.
Winnow’s clients on average reduce waste by over 50% by value and sustain savings
Winnow has now worked with hundreds of sites to reduce food waste, including hotels, universities and schools, staff restaurants, event/hospitality kitchens, buffets, pubs, and high street restaurants. Where the system is permanently adopted, pre-consumer waste value is reduced by 50% – 70% over 2 – 12 months, and maintained at these levels, with no detrimental impact to the perceived quality or value of the offer to their customers, and a net saving of staff time due to reduced food preparation and waste handling. This represents a typical improvement of food gross margins by 2% to 4%, commonly a 40%+ increase in profitability for restaurants. Watch our short videos on our YouTube channel to see the system in action and case studies.
We have an open culture and believe in a hierarchy of ideas and results rather than titles. We share a common desire to learn and improve and give individuals a ton of freedom to help us shape how our business will grow.
Absolutely no recruiters please.
Core skills and experience:
- Proficient in project management and prioritisation of tasks
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Hard working, thrives from being in control of your own schedule
- Curious mind, excited by understanding what goes on behind the scenes of web and app softwares
- Great interpersonal & communication skills and is comfortable helping solve problems with customers
- Strong writing skills with strong experience with content management tools
- Keen user of technology and ability to troubleshoot web based tools and app problems with ease
- Experience in hospitality and working in kitchens a big plus
- Experience from software and / or process end user documentation a plus
Key objectives of role:
- Manage our library of product and process documentation
- Create and publish internal product update release notes and video demos
- As part of our technology team assist in product design evaluations and user acceptance testing
- Work between technology and operations to document and inform on important product changes
- Take part in defining and managing our function for customer training
- Be part of our second line technical and customer support function for clients
- Own, define, and manage implementation and communication aspects of product changes with a high degree of user impact
- Manage translation needs for our documentation and product suite
This internship is an amazing opportunity for you to enter our organisation. Many of our former interns are now full time staff in the organisation and growing both professionally and personally as we scale. It is our intent that if this works you would have a full time opportunity to join Winnow after the internship with a long-term role in the team and an opportunity to take equity in the company.
- Paid internship with an opportunity to join full-time after internship completion
- Opportunity for permanent employees to take equity in a fast growing startup
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business
- Shared office space in central London with free happy hours and a great working environment
- Underground bike parking with serviced showers (fresh towels every morning – yay!)
- Company part-funded health insurance
- Matching pension scheme
- 25 days of paid vacation time p.a. in addition to national holidays