at Monzo in London
(₤25000 per year)
Provide an amazing, memorable, stress-free experience for everyone who applies to work at Monzo.
We’re building the best bank in the world, and that means assembling the best possible team. Over 2016, our team increased from 17 people to 61, and our big ambitions mean that we’ll be hiring talented, motivated people for the foreseeable future.
We want to go the extra mile to ensure that every applicant to every job feels valued, respected and never wavers in their support for Monzo, whatever the outcome of their application. And once we’ve decided we want to hire someone, you’ll move mountains in the background to make it an effortless, pleasant process, and keep that excitement burning.
You’d be the third person to join our People team; you’ll focus on giving all our job applicants a positive experience and making our hiring processes run like clockwork.
You’ll make interviewing with us as stress-free as possible for candidates:
- answering questions from prospective applicants
- ensuring that candidates have all the information they need to prepare for interviews with us
- greeting them on arrival, and being point-person throughout their on-site interviews
- arranging flights and accommodation for people travelling from overseas to interview
- providing super-speedy follow-up that’s both proactive and transparent
- welcoming new joiners on their first day and helping them settle in
They’ll feel well-informed, at ease and excited to join the Monzo team from when they first submit their application right through to their first day working with us.
You will streamline and accelerate our interview processes for hiring leads:
- scheduling interviews and moving applicants through our Applicant Tracking System
- making sure hiring leads give prompt feedback to all candidates
- following up on offers we’ve made to make sure there are no barriers to acceptance
- taking care of all the pre-joining administration including reference checks, contracts, visa sponsorship, and relocation assistance
- helping with sourcing for hard-to-fill roles
You’ll keep hiring high on the priority list, and keep our pipeline running smoothly.
We’d also love for you to contribute to employer branding work, onboarding new joiners, and any recruitment-related events that we attend.
You should apply if:
- you are full of empathy, friendly, and love helping people
- your organisation skills are impeccable and you effortlessly juggle multiple processes
- you’re exceptionally attentive to detail
- you are process-oriented and love making things easier for other people
- you’re a proactive communicator and a strong proponent of transparency
- what we’re doing here at Monzo excites you
Instead of a covering letter, please answer the following questions:
1. Tell us about a time when you went out of your way to make things easier for someone else.
2. Have you improved or set up a process recently? Tell us what you changed, why you did it, and how successful your new process was.
3. What’s the most impactful thing we can do to make a job applicant feel valued?
4. What excites you about Monzo?
5. What do you do really well, with little effort? Your super power.