Marketing & Partnerships Manager
at Techspace in London
(₤30000 - ₤40000 per year)
Techspace is London’s leading workspace company for technology scale-ups. Founded by two friends frustrated by their own lack of flexible, fuss-free workspace, Techspace has successfully grown to a thriving member community of 1000+ tech entrepreneurs across 5 London locations. We are set to open 100,000 sq ft across 4 new locations in London and Berlin in 2017, and have ambitious plans to expand into further technology hubs in Europe in 2018/19.
We care passionately about nurturing our community of innovative and forward-thinking members. Alongside the property expansion, our in-house team of engineers are now building out our proprietary technology platform and we’re creating exemplary new member services.
At Techspace we offer candidates unrivaled opportunities to develop and fast track a career working with for a team that continues to achieve exceptional growth. You’ll be working with our inspiring community of entrepreneurs and technologists on a daily basis and further day-to-day benefits of working with us include flexible working hours; regular team activities; flexibility to work from home; relaxed company policies; a healthy work/life balance and a passionate team to inspire you.
A new role for the commercial team fully dedicated to Marketing. An excellent opportunity for a self-starter to make their own. You’ll be excited by the prospect of building out a dynamic Marketing function to take the company beyond Series A.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading Techspace’s Marketing, Communications and Marketing Partnerships efforts.
- Planning. Defining the acquisition strategy and campaign calendar to support all current locations and new property sites or features launches. Working across digital marketing, marketing materials, event marketing, partnerships and thought-leadership.
- Executing on the strategy. The role straddles all aspects of Techspace’s marketing and comms, with an emphasis on digital marketing.
- Driving growth. You’ll drive overall brand and acquisition initiatives to bolster Techspaces’s position in the tech upscale sector, acquire new members and retain existing members.
- Brand Ambassador. Ensure alignment of brand across all channels: website, social media, SEO, SEM, PR, communications and new locations launching (and supporting on tech product)
- Collaborating across all teams, particularly with the Community Manager, Tech team, Chief Product Officer and Chief Commercial Officer.
- Research member needs and the market. Always with your finger on the pulse, you will know what’s going on with the scale-up scene and the market and understand how to translate that back into marketing efforts.
- Reporting and analytics. Reporting on progress against KPIs and budget as necessary. Conducting research amongst our members to inform strategy or create thought-leadership pieces.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a Marketing-related subject or equivalent commercial experience in a digital-first company.
- Solid experience with inbound and outbound digital marketing, campaign management, Social Media Management, SEO, SEM, content creation, thought-leadership and email marketing campaigns.
- Strong analytical skills mixed with creative flair. Fluent in marketing analytics and understanding the drivers of growth.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- We use Mailchimp, Hootsuite, Intercom, Mandrillapp, Slack, Google Analytics and social media analytics tools. We expect you to be fluent in a suite of marketing software tools and keep abreast of the best ones for the job.
- Knowledge of tech ecosystem and in particular the tech startup/ scale-up sector would be ideal. We are passionate about the companies we serve and hope you share our enthusiasm.
- Strong communication skills, empathy for our members, passion and drive.
What you’ll get
Room to grow. We live and breathe scale-ups and with our own rapid business growth, you’ll have significant opportunity to shape your personal advancement.
World-class team. Ambitious, passionate and collaborative, we have exited companies to Google and have serious investor backing. You’ll be challenged and inspired by team members daily.
Company culture. We take the business seriously but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We collaborate, hack, blog, network with the tech scaleup sector and socialise with our members, and each other!
Competitive salary and package, flexible working hours, a shiny new Mac to call your own and regular team activities to get involved in.
Inspiring workspace. You’ll be based at the heart of our brand newest building in Aldgate, with bike-racks, roof terrace, and an excellent location by 3 stations and plenty of food/drink destinations.
Samurai Village pledge.
We strive for perfection and harmony, in the belief they are the highest values for our team and members. Our vision and values for the future are embodied through our Samurai Village pledge. We’re proud of our ethos and we ask anyone joining our team to truly commit to it:
- I am ready to be involved in shaping the processes that define Techspace
- Whilst I understand that our cogs don’t turn perfectly yet, striving for perfection motivates me
- I am not afraid to get my hands dirty or to learn by doing
- I have the initiative to set my optimal working rhythm and help my team members do the same
- I will never pass up an opportunity to help out a colleague, and I’ll remember the days before I knew everything.
- I question everything, test assumptions and trust that my knowledge, instincts and contributions are valid
- Our members take priority and I strive to make our members’ working lives easier
- I know that honest communication is always key
- I embrace change and want to be part of a business that never stands still
- I take the business seriously but don’t take myself seriously
- I won’t stop until my ambitions are fulfilled
- I really do care!
- I believe the goal of total perfection has no end.
Techspace is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or disability status.
No recruiters please.