Customer Operations Specialist - Mandarin Speaking
at LOVESPACE in Houghton Regis
(₤16000 - ₤18000 per year)
Job Title: Customer Operations Specialist – Mandarin Speaking
Location: Houghton Regis (30 minutes from London)
Salary: £16-18K depending on experience
LOVESPACE is the UK’s first and largest storage by-the-box company. We are well on our way on our mission to be the first choice for people and businesses needing help looking after their things
We collect boxes or larger items from our customers’ doorsteps, store them in one of our secure storage facilities and return them to any UK address whenever needed – as soon as the next day. Customers manage their items online, taking photos and adding descriptions of what is in each box.
LOVESPACE was cofounded in 2012 by Brett Akker (cofounder of Streetcar); Carl August Ameln (Founder of multiple storage business across Europe) and Steve Folwell (Strategy Director at Guardian Media Group). The business has received £5m in funding and its latest round in 2016 valued the business at £16m. Backers include Smedvig Capital, DN Capital, Workspace PLC and angels including Humphrey Cobbold (CEO, Pure Gym); Peter Jackson (Director, Santander and ex-CEO Travelex) and Anthony Gutman (Goldman Sachs)
We are multi-award winning, having been named High Growth Team of the Year, The UK’s Most Innovative Business, and Crowdfunded Business of the Year, and have a strong company culture that makes LOVESPACE an inspiring place to work.
We aim to build the smartest service business in the world by combining our own cutting-edge in-house tech with a relentless focus on customer experience. LOVESPACE is not only disrupting the UK’s £0.5bn traditional storage industry – we are also creating and defining a whole new market for by-the-box-storage amongst customers who would never have chosen a traditional option.
In our third full-year since launch, we will deliver £2m of revenues, are growing 100% year-on-year, and have served over 20,000 customers. We are very close to breakeven in the UK and are eyeing up a number of exciting expansion options
As LOVESPACE continues to grow we are looking for a highly motivated individual to deliver an outstanding service to our customers. You will be providing assistance for the full customer journey, from answering customer queries to ensuring their delivery is a success, playing a key role in continuing to build a positive reputation for LOVESPACE. This role is ideal for someone with excellent interpersonal skills, precise attention to detail and who is always ready to go the extra mile to deliver the best possible experience.
Responsibilities will include:
• Deliver an outstanding customer experience through all available communication channels (phone, email and live chat)
• Assist in improving the overall service by listening and acting upon customer feedback.
• Work closely with the rest of the Operations team to ensure boxes reach our customers in the right place at the right time.
• Boost LOVESPACE’s reputation through generating great reviews and referrals.
• Ensure customer accounts are up to date and accurate.
What are we looking for?
The candidate will demonstrate and have the following attributes:
• Some customer service experience
• Fluent in English and Mandarin with excellent writing and communication skills, and an attention to detail
• Positive and resilient individual, capable of demonstrating composure.
• Highly organised, fanatical attention to detail, common sense judgement and a passion for precision.
• A creative and resourceful problem solver with tonnes of initiative.
• Live and breathe LOVESPACE’s values of being Engaging, Open, Smart, Reliable, Fair and Inspiring
• Engaging, with ability to connect and empathise with people from all backgrounds
• An unwavering desire for continuous improvement and innovation.
• Flexible to changing working hours dependent on volume.
What is in it for you?
A chance to be at the heart of one of the UK’s fast-growing, entrepreneurial, businesses and having exposure to a team of seasoned, serial, entrepreneurs. You will play a key role in LOVESPACE’s growth, with the opportunity to see how your work directly contributes to our success. You will be providing input into, and helping to develop and implement LOVESPACE’s customer service strategy, as well as having multiple opportunities for growth and development.
We are a diverse group who are exceptionally proud of our culture and love to celebrate with regular social events and outings.
Recent jobs at LOVESPACE
- 6 Week Customer Experience & Operations Internship at LOVESPACE in Houghton Regis 17-07-2017
- Field Sales Executive at LOVESPACE in Houghton Regis 08-08-2017