at LOVESPACE in Houghton Regis
(₤25000 - ₤40000 per year)
Job Title: Logistics Manager
Reporting to: Michael Mitchell (Operations Director)
Salary: £25,000-£40,000 depending on experience
Location: Houghton Regis, Bedfordshire
LOVESPACE is the UK’s first and largest storage by-the-box company. We are well on our way on our mission to be the first choice for people and businesses needing help looking after their things
We collect boxes or larger items from our customers’ doorsteps, store them in one of our secure storage facilities and return them to any UK address whenever needed – as soon as the next day. Customers manage their items online, taking photos and adding descriptions of what is in each box.
LOVESPACE was cofounded in 2012 by Brett Akker (cofounder of Streetcar); Carl August Ameln (Founder of multiple storage business across Europe) and Steve Folwell (Strategy Director at Guardian Media Group). The business has received £5m in funding and its latest round in 2016 valued the business at £16m. Backers include Smedvig Capital, DN Capital, Workspace PLC and angels including Humphrey Cobbold (CEO, Pure Gym); Peter Jackson (Director, Santander and ex-CEO Travelex) and Anthony Gutman (Goldman Sachs)
We are multi-award winning, having been named High Growth Team of the Year, The UK’s Most Innovative Business, and Crowdfunded Business of the Year, and have a strong company culture that makes LOVESPACE an inspiring place to work.
We aim to build the smartest service business in the world by combining our own cutting-edge in-house tech with a relentless focus on customer experience. LOVESPACE is not only disrupting the UK’s £0.5bn traditional storage industry – we are also creating and defining a whole new market for by-the-box-storage amongst customers who would never have chosen a traditional option.
In our third full-year since launch, we will deliver £2m of revenues, are growing 100% year-on-year, and have served over 20,000 customers. We are very close to breakeven in the UK and are eyeing up a number of exciting expansion options
As LOVESPACE continues its impressive growth story, a role has arisen for a highly-motivated individual to help deliver LOVESPACE’s day to day operational success. This role will be very hands on, interfacing with all functions in the business, our external partners and all our customers daily. The role is ideal for someone hungry for responsibility and looking for a wide remit, and will include exposure to the operations, marketing, product and tech teams. With exciting growth opportunities, this is a great chance to mould a new role at an award-winning start-up and help drive further success of the business.
Responsibilities will include:
• Build and manage a network of fleet partners
• Manage the day to day communication and performance of the LOVESPACE fleet, ensuring all KPI’s and SLA targets are achieved
• Manage the production, communication and continual improvement of the LOVESPACE routing technology, ensuring all KPI’s are proactively achieved
• Ensure every box movement is successfully tracked from the customer’s doorstep to one of our regional warehouses
• Fleet Manage the LOVESPACE owned fleet ensuring 100% vehicle and driver availability
• Train and manage the LOVESPACE drivers ensuring every customer receives a consistent first class experience
• Assist in the development of the reporting tools required to ensure all fleet and tracking KPI’s are achieved
• Assist in the scoping and development of the products required to enable LOVESPACE and its partners to deliver day to day success
• Design and scope all training development requirements to ensure consistent operational success
• Deliver the training plans to all stakeholders, ensuring all parties are operationally functional by predefined deadlines
• Be a ‘Lean Champion’. Ensure all LOVESPACE fleet and tracking processes are continually reviewed to ensure consistency at scale whilst minimising waste and inefficiencies
• Feed into site and service improvements based on operational knowledge of the business
• Be an ambassador for LOVESPACE and its customers.
What are we looking for?
The candidate will demonstrate and have the following attributes:
• Ideally have a minimum of 2 years’ experience delivering success in a dynamic and fast moving day to day operation
• Experience in managing external partners and a Team, to deliver exceptional results within deadlines and on budget
• Extremely well organised and able to prioritise dynamically to meet both the needs of the customer and LOVESPACE
• Uncompromising in the adherence to processes and the achievements of KPI’s
• Fluent in English with excellent written and communication skills, and a high degree of attention to detail
• Entrepreneurial with a passion to help implement and improve new processes and innovations as necessary (start-up experience preferred)
• Confident and comfortable with Microsoft Excel
• Live and breathe LOVESPACE’s values of being Engaging, Open, Smart, Reliable, Fair and Inspiring
• Engaging, with ability to connect and empathise with people from all backgrounds
What is in it for you?
A chance to be at the heart of one of the UK’s fast-growing, entrepreneurial, businesses and having exposure to a team of seasoned, serial, entrepreneurs. You will play a key role in LOVESPACE’s growth, with the opportunity to see how your work directly contributes to our success. You will be providing input into, and helping to develop and implement LOVESPACE’s operational strategy, as well as having multiple opportunities for growth and development.
We are a diverse group who are exceptionally proud of our culture and love to celebrate with regular social events and outings.