at Beem in London
Beem is the employee platform of choice for some of the world’s most inspiring companies. Our mission is to create simple and engaging experiences for employees to access the information and materials they need to be great at their jobs. Ultimately Beem helps companies communicate & collaborate better with their employees and share information in a fun, engaging and mobile way.
We have a stellar portfolio of clients, investors and partners. 2017 is a growth year at Beem, with fundraising and multiple opportunities to scale globally, both on the horizon.
We have a unique work dynamic that encourages creativity, risk-taking, growth and autonomy. You’ll be a great fit if you love to get stuck in, are a self-starter and get a kick out of changing things for the better.
About the Role
We are looking for a multi-skilled Server & Client Side Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server, the Beem mobile applications and it’s users. Also working in a growing portfolio of cross-platform technology products, from a server-side technical standpoint
Your primary focus will be development and maintenance of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of a central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the clients. You will also be responsible for integrating the client side elements built by your co-workers into the application. Development of web-based client facing applications will also be part of system for clients to manage users, and also for clients to access content.
- Development of internal and external API’s and system integrations
- Development of web based systems for management and end users.
- Working alongside our Mobile Application team
- Supporting and Debugging issues with our Client Success teams
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimisation of the application for efficiency in speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data processing and storage solutions
Who would be great for this role?
- Proficient understanding of Server Side technologies for development, such as MySQL, PHP and Linux (Others are a bonus!)
- A strong history of working with Back-End technologies to achieve technologically cutting edge results (both technically and the end user result)
- Understanding security best practices and implementation
- Performance Optimisation best practices, and knowing when its important to use them
- Understanding of automated testing
- Proficient in using Git Repository and Git Flow
- Experience in distributed server environments and high availability systems
- AWS Experience
- Works well within a team, both in-house and dispersed
- Skilled at breaking down tasks and working efficiently towards deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Loves interesting challenges and designing & implementing solutions to problems.
What’s on offer with us?
- Competitive remuneration – inc travel and expenses
- Opportunity to build, influence and enhance Beem back end practices in preparation for Beem global scale
- Position in a growing startup that is set to become a key leader in the employee sector
- A chance to work with brands like Gap, Old Navy, Renault, Nissan and Unilever
- Autonomy and Technical leadership
- Flexibility to demonstrate your creativity and talent
- Work amongst a talented and a dynamic team
- Flexible working environment
If you’re ready to take a leap forward in your career, then let us know!
– Beem team
Recent jobs at Beem
- Client Success Manager at Beem in London 15-05-2017
- Junior Front-End Developer at Beem in London 15-05-2017