at IB Boost Ltd in London
(₤40000 - ₤55000 per year)
IB Boost is a niche consultancy and software development house based in London (with additional offices in Auckland and Singapore). We’re all about automation and DevOps methodologies, particularly in the cloud, and are looking to expand our London team while we build up our product capabilities.
There are two arms to what we do – consultancy work and internal product development – and we look for flexible, enthusiastic individuals who adapt well to new environments and enjoy the ad hoc (and often chaotic!) nature of a small start-up. We want you to bring fresh ideas and new experiences to the team and you must be willing to get elbows-deep in the strategy and implementation, and be willing to do what it takes to deliver to our clients.
As a DevOps Engineer, your role will vary based on project and internal needs but to give you an idea, you could find yourself
- Continuous improvement of practices
- Acting as our infrastructure expert
- Automating business processes
- Optimising application environments
- Improving the overall efficiency of our services and offerings
- Promoting DevOps ways of working across the company
You will be most suited to these roles if you have:
- AWS experience
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. Bash/Korn, Groovy, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Linux experience (especially Solaris)
- Installing and maintaining databases (RDBMS and T-SQL; Sybase particularly advantageous, but MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle valuable)
- Infrastructure organisation and management experience (NFS, SAN, Virtual Machines, Solaris Zones, CPU and RAM comparisons and benchmarking)
- Configuration and release management experience (DevOps tools such as Puppet, Chef, Vagrant, Docker, Ansible)
- An understanding of and experience with Continuous Integration
- Experience with source control systems (SVN, Git)
Here at IB Boost we strive to create innovative software that makes our client’s lives easier, and we pride ourselves on adopting the latest and greatest technologies. You’ll get to work with amazing people who are passionate about technology, you’ll learn lots, and you’ll have a good laugh in the process. You’ll also get unlimited caffeinated drinks, an office in the shadows of Canary Wharf, and frequent table tennis tournaments. That helps, right?
For us, hiring is not a box-ticking exercise – we put a lot of effort into finding people with the right drive, ambition and attitude. We are hiring directly so send us your CV and cover letter explaining what you can bring to IB Boost. If you enjoy installing Linux versions and playing with databases and organising disks, let us know! Personality and curiosity go a long way so tell us what makes you different from your average applicant.
Please note: You must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this position.