Backend Python Engineer
at CheckRecipient in London
(₤40000 - ₤70000 per year)
CheckRecipient uses advanced machine learning and natural language processing (NLP) to make it impossible for sensitive information to end up in the wrong hands. We protect enterprise networks against new and intelligent cyber threats by preventing breaches in real-time.
Founded by a team of Imperial College engineers, we’re backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors. We work with international clients in the financial, legal and professional services sectors who trust us to find the most intelligent ways to keep their data secure.
CHECKRECIPIENT’S RECENT AWARDS
Winner – WIRED Security 2016 Best Startup Award
Winner – LegalGeek Best Machine Intelligence Startup 2016
Winner – Info Security Product Guide’s Global Excellence Awards 2017 for the Best Security Startup
ENGINEERING AT CHECKRECIPIENT
Dealing with massive datasets at scale requires ingenuity and strong analytical skills. We build quickly and follow both agile and continuous delivery paradigms.
As a member of the CheckRecipient engineering team, you will have the autonomy to work on your own projects, and be a part of our regular round tables to bounce ideas around as a team. We believe in regular and continuous development and we will seek to create opportunities for you to evolve. You will work closely with our data science team building out new threat modules as well as re-architecting our application into microservices allowing us to scale horizontally.
Here are some of the technologies we’re working with / interested in:
- Python, Go, Ruby
- Kubernetes, Rancher, Docker
- Postgres, DynamoDB, Cassandra
- Redshift, Spark, AWS, Microservices architecture
You should apply if you:
- are a great problem solver who takes pride in their work
- are comfortable with the unknown and love to experiment
- can construct good arguments for methodologies or practices
- have a passion for learning new skills and technologies
- have good knowledge of Python (but ideally you’re language agnostic and will use the best tool for the job)
- are interested in working on a microservices architecture
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity options
- Choose your own kit
- Central London office location
- Regular team socials and activities
We look forward to hearing from you!
-We do not accept applications or résumés from 3rd party recruiters.
-We are currently unable to sponsor applicants who do not have a right to work in the UK
Recent jobs at CheckRecipient
- Business Development Associate at CheckRecipient in London 10-01-2017
- DevOps Engineer at CheckRecipient in London 10-01-2017
- Data Scientist at CheckRecipient in London 13-01-2017