at Growth Street in London
(₤40000 - ₤60000 per year)
Do you love the smell of fresh APIs in the mornings? If you love working with REST, OAuth and even SOAP then this is the job for you. Be a master of the ‘plumbing’, join the systems together and make the data flow.
Growth Street are looking for an enthusiastic team-player who will be a part of the Decision Science team. You will be building key infrastructure, service-oriented applications and the integration to multiple 3rd-parties API. Your data will be used to build predictive models using cloud accounting and information gathered from our SME customers and developing the architecture we need for our next stage of growth.
You will have the opportunity to help shape our technology and processes as we continue to invest in research and development.
Our ideal Engineer will fit the following criteria:
- You will have two or more years of experience developing in Python in a back-end or data role.
- You have built integrations with systems like FreeAgent, Moody’s RiskCalc, Equifax, Xero, QuickBooks or other accountancy and credit reference platforms
- You have worked with REST, SOAP and OAuth
- You are comfortable working on the back-end with databases and APIs.
- You are happy to take a TDD approach and understand the importance of automated testing.
- You are a team player who works well as part of a team shipping code regularly to production.
- You are comfortable in an Agile/SCRUM process.
The following would set a candidate apart:
- You can confidently use Numpy, Pandas and SQL.
- Experience with Django and Django REST framework
- Experience in a fast moving startup environment
- Experience with Docker
Our technology stack includes:
- Django 1.10
- Python 3.5
- Django REST framework
- Docker on AWS ECS
- Numpy, SciPy, Pandas, Jupyter, iPython
- Continuous Integration with CircleCI
- 12-factor methodology
Recent jobs at Growth Street
- Partnerships Manager - London at Growth Street in London 20-01-2017
- Django Developer at Growth Street in London 26-01-2017
- Content Manager at Growth Street in London 20-02-2017