Backend Python Software Engineer
at Kite.ly in London
(₤40000 - ₤70000 per year)
Kite is an industry leading technology platform, connecting developers and designers with a worldwide network of printers. We provide all the tools necessary to create stunning stores on web and mobile.
Having recently been acquired by Canon, we are rapidly scaling our team, and this is your chance to join at the start of a new phase in our company.
Based in a buzzing office space at the heart of London’s tech community (right by Old Street Tube Station), we can offer the culture and excitement of a startup with all the benefits of a big company.
Kite’s back end platform server is our central hub, an API connecting an ecosystem of client side apps to our global printing network. We are looking for talented developers to maintain and progress these industry leading back end web services. You will:
- Develop new functionality within our API
- Lead integrations with new print partners / other 3rd parties
- Provide data analysis and reporting to support the other functions of the business
- Maintain and improve the platform’s security and scalability
Are you the right person to join our world-class team?
- 2+ years developing in Python
- Familiar with Python based web frameworks (e.g. Django / Flask)
- Experience building scalable RESTful APIs or web services for public consumption
- Experience with modern software workflows (e.g. version control systems, continuous integration, etc…)
- Great analytical and problem solving skills
- Love agile development, working independently on your own challenges, and together in a team on the bigger vision.
- Well-rounded developer with more than back front end experience, we love full stack engineers.
- Exposure to agile & test-driven development methodologies.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
We hire based on talent, not on specific qualifications. If you think you’re good enough, get in touch!
- Relaxed work environment with lots of independence.
- Building products that a people all around the world will love using, including your family and friends.
- Opportunities to work with exciting technologies outside of those commonly associated with back end development.
- Competitive salary for a start-up.
- Working in a cool office right at the heart of London’s tech community.
- Being part of a super smart, ambitious and friendly team.
- Your choice of Apple hardware & multiple screens.