Junior Developer (Ruby/JS)
at LoyaltyLion in London
(₤25000 - ₤30000 per year)
LoyaltyLion was founded three years ago by Charlie (ex-Deloitte) and Dave (ex-Oracle). We spent 12 months doing some serious bootstrapping – using a friend’s lounge as an office, renting the cheapest accommodation (it had no bathroom!) and taking government loans to make LoyaltyLion a success. Happy to say it’s paying off!
LoyaltyLion is backed by ex-ASOS ecommerce director, the co-founder of the World’s largest loyalty program and two VCs. We power the loyalty programs for over 1,000 ecommerce stores worldwide and are used by millions of shoppers.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic junior developer to help us at LoyaltyLion with all things technical. You’ll be working across our entire platform, from our merchant-facing web apps to our third party widgets used by millions of shoppers around the world.
Our primary tools are Ruby and Node.js, with a mix of Backbone, React & Redux on the front-end. We use Docker and Chef for our devops and deployments.
Prior industry experience is not required. This would be an ideal way to get started in the software development world following a technical degree or intensive training course if you like to throw yourself in the deep end. That said, you need to have an aptitude for programming, and significant ability with at least one programming language – preferably Ruby or JS – and be a fast learner.
The position will be full-time, based at our office in Farringdon. We’re next to Leather Lane for all your tasty food needs, and have our own private office with table football, games and a VIVE.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Writing really clean, well-tested code
- Developing our Node.js API and Ruby on Rails merchant portal
- Integrating with various ecommerce platforms
What we’re looking for:
- A technical background, e.g. a technical degree, intensive training course, etc
- Ability to learn really, really fast and not get overwhelmed
- Experience working with relational databases, especially PostgreSQL
- Other nice to haves – AWS, Docker, affinity for lions and other big cats
What we offer:
- Opportunity to try and do pretty much everything; front-end, back-end, devops, etc
- Relaxed working environment and flexible hours
- Pair programming and lots code reviews
- Free team lunch on Monday, Cupcake Wednesday and free beer Friday
- Your own desk at our private office in Farringdon (London)
- Free attendance to tech events and conferences
Recent jobs at LoyaltyLion
- Software Developer (Ruby, JS) at LoyaltyLion in London 31-01-2017