Data Insights Analyst
at Metageni in London
(₤28 - ₤32 per year)
Data Insights Analyst
We are hiring a Data Insights Analyst in a full time role, at Metageni in London UK (Dalston) with salary of £28k-£32k per year depending on your skills and experience.
Metageni is an award winning self financing start-up, small but delivering leading edge data science and customer journey analytics. Founded by veterans of Google and Kantar, Metageni discover new opportunities through applying machine learning to customer analytics. Metageni crafts solutions for each client to deliver applications for smarter decision making with custom visualisation and analysis.
Metageni is taking on a growing portfolio of clients keen to optimise their customer journey by making better use of their big data assets.
Metageni are looking for Data Insights Analyst who can combine the data science skills with the ability to organise information, develop a high level narrative and communicate.
You will be expected to –
- Perform statistical modelling using Python.
- Explore and apply machine learning methods to produce predictive analysis.
- Independently work on tasks such as data exploration, normalisation, estimation and validation.
- Develop insights for non technical users through visualisations, metrics and tabulations.
- Tailor models to address specific client goals and find opportunities.
Proven experience is required in these areas to provide an effective contribution at this level.
You are someone who is both confident with data, analytics and data science and also with communicating complex ideas and topics. You would prefer to work in small company where you are directly engaged with client companies and can learn and develop fast. You are prepared to work hard on stimulating problems.
You have natural analytical skills, good judgement, attention to detail and a passion for getting to the answer. You have proven expertise in data analytics and data science.
You bring some experience working in a professional role analysing data. You can explain topics well in written and verbal form. You bring a positive attitude to your work, have curiosity to explore new ideas and respond well to feedback.
Skills and experience required
- Graduate in a subject with a quantitative element (Maths, Economics, Computer Science, etc.)
- Proven knowledge of Python and related data science libraries (scikit, pandas, numpy, and so on)
- Prior experience of using Python to perform modelling and generate datasets
- Good statistical knowledge
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Ability to communicate results of data analysis and modelling
- Good time management and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and work independently
Good to have but not essential
- Knowledge and experience of marketing optimisation techniques
- Worked with very large data sets before
- Knowledge of SQL/NoSQL database
- Knowledge or experience in D3.js
- Knowledge of Python frameworks (Django, flask etc.)