at CrowdScores in London
Here at CrowdScores we have a fantastic team of people working on a product used by football fans worldwide. We make learning joyful and effortless whilst leveraging lots of brain science and plenty of humour in the process.
The app itself has more than 2 million downloads, a 4.4-star rating and almost 1 million active users.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our established and growing squad in our Blackfriars office. We create substantial new features every week alongside dealing with significant scaling challenges as CrowdScores continues to grow.
At CrowdScores you will:
- Work in a self-organising team with skilled Python developers
- Share responsibilities with our developers, software isn’t thrown over the wall!
- Work with: AWS, nginx, gunicorn, RabbitMQ, Salt, Vagrant, Slack, PostgreSQL, redis, MongoDB, Linux (Ubuntu), Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana
- Deploy several times a day
- Help us scale
- Lift the platform to a new level: introduce linux containers (docker)
- Improve our monitoring, alerting and reporting systems
- Work on platform security and disaster recovery
- Influence architectural decisions
- Be able to introduce new technologies – we have no dogmas
- Run a platform that processes large amounts of data real-time
The person we would like:
- Is smart – either academically or otherwise
- Has lots of great ideas, and will do what it takes to get them implemented
- Enjoys a fast moving, agile environment
- Has some knowledge of python
- Loves microservices
- Is prepared to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in
- Preferably a football fan, though this is not essential
- Is of any age, gender, race, religion, sexuality, disability or nationality
Working with us, you will:
- Be given the freedom to get your job done
- Face challenging, interesting and varied problems
- Be given your choice of top-of-the range laptop (OSX, Windows or Linux)
- Work in the centre of London in our offices just off Fleet Street
- Wear whatever you like to work
- Join an enthusiastic, collaborative team that cares deeply about the platform they create
- Work in a relaxed, flexible tech-startup atmosphere, where the outcome matters more than anything else
- Share in the success of the company through share options
- Take part in quarterly company hack days
- Have unlimited holidays
- Play far too much FIFA 17 (we have heard that the PS4 plays other games, but we haven’t tried yet)
- Be invited for picnics in the park in the summer, table tennis nights at Bounce and other social events
To apply for this role please email your CV and cover letter.