Technology Lead / Senior Software Engineer
at Park-IT Solutions in Birmingham
(₤50000 per year)
Location: near Birmingham Airport (with UK and overseas travel)
Includes: Benefits – 10% bonus, pension, life assurance and corporate discounts
Salary: to £50k
We are Park-IT; a growing parking software company which works across the UK’s major airports helping to track over 1 million cars a year. Founded in 2014, we are a team of 14 talented and smart individuals reinventing the way operators view their parking assets and giving customers peace of mind whilst they are on holiday.
We’re an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up business with exciting expansion opportunities on the horizon. Backed by our parent company, Holiday Extras a Sunday Times Best Company to work our, Developers across the group have the opportunity to work on exciting challenges in the world of tech, whilst providing a fantastic environment in which to work.
Based at our Birmingham HQ, close to Birmingham Airport, we are looking for a talented Technical Lead to join our team and make a major contribution to our success.
What we’re offering…
You’ll lead our newly formed development team and will be responsible for delivering robust and performant solutions across our platform. You will have the freedom to deliver the best solution for the challenges the business puts in front of you and will be given the resources and time you need to get the job done.
- This is hands-on development role. The Technology Lead will be expected to delve into technical detail and act primarily in a development capacity while making time provisions to carry out necessary team management tasks
- Lead software delivery in a cross-functional team including matrix-organised reports within an agile product delivery environment
- Carry out recruitment for software engineers and maintain high level selection criteria
- Work with the Product Owner to establish a roadmap of concrete deliverables and make sure the roadmap is delivered
- Establish strong relationships with business stakeholders to understand business requirements
- Use best software engineering practices to ensure delivery on team commitments
- Frequently report on team delivery performance to senior management. Be transparent about team challenges and proactively communicate risks to all levels
- Encourage a supportive culture where people are allowed to make mistakes but also learn from them
- Promote the culture of autonomy and responsibility within the delivery team
- Keep strong ties with key senior technology staff in other group businesses and make sure communication is fluent and interactions are managed well and common goals are met
- Responsibility to design and execute of the technical architecture roadmap
What we’re looking for:
- Experience working as a senior software engineer in a technology business
- Strong knowledge of the technical architecture of SaaS applications, real-time data-management systems and software components such as data stores, application middleware, APIs, UIs, distributed caching and messaging
- Strong leadership capability with some exposure to management
- Experience of API design and shipping of HTTP Services.
- Demonstrated experience building highly scalable distributed web applications
- Github profile and (ideally) open source contributions.
- Examples of a pragmatic approach to software delivery, understanding the pros (and cons) of shipping early and often.
- Experience with React (including native), Redux, Express, Sequelize, MySQL, AWS, Docker, Convox