Digital Anthropologist (FRENCH BONUS!)
at Codec in London
You will be tasked with discovering and mapping online communities and subcultures- which means you get to spend all day on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram all day and get paid for it!
Codec is changing the future of creative decision making. Our platform provides the ultimate understanding of how media captures an audience, so that storytellers of all types never tell a bad story again!
Our initial focus is on the multi-billion dollar Content Marketing space where most brands are guilty of polluting the internet with bad content that nobody wants to see. By providing a real time, highly sophisticated analysis of behaviours and demand signals from target audiences online through Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, we enable brands to start contributing to culture through more relevant, valuable and impactful content. You should (and will!) see all of the information we can get from a single Tweet..!
Your development is as important to us as our product development, and the ideas you’ll be exposed to will put you in a class far beyond the average digital intern.
We passionately believe:
- In improving the experience of audiences online
- That audiences deserve more valuable content than what brands currently serve them
- That data can enhance creativity, but only if data can be demystified for creative people!
The Codec team is young and outgoing, but collectively have loads of experience in the startup, marketing and tech world. We know what it means to build a successful company that impacts pop culture – and you’ll be able to learn from all our successes (and mistakes!). We’ve run and built VC backed companies in London, New York and Silicon Valley. And at Codec we have received investment from some of the most impressive investors in the world who back our vision as we attack this huge market and fascinating problem.
We are offering a short-term Digital Anthropologist Internship for an enthusiastic individual looking for some hands-on experience in Subcultural Analysis, Reporting, and Market Research.
And we’d like to offer you the chance to come in and work with us…
- See the venn diagram of culture, understanding what makes people and social media content who and what they are
- Find conversations across Facebook, Twitter, and the Blogosphere
- Produce research, drawing out hidden insights from social data
- Watch online videos and pretend it’s real work
- Work Excel/Google Spreadsheets like a data-crunching wizard
- Speaking French is a major BONUS!
You’d like to learn and practice:
- How to perform Social Media Reporting
- Data Mining (including some basic coding!)
You’d enjoy (as we do):
- Free beers on a Friday
- Starting work at 10am
- Learning something new every day
- Working beside thought leaders from the marketing and tech industries
- Working with celebrities and start ups
- Cups of tea
- Bullet-point lists
Someone with a background studying a social science, psychology, or computer science would be best suited – but we’d love to hear from all backgrounds!
Salary and expenses will be negotiated with successful applicants.