Ruby Developer (UK based) - API focus, learn big data
at DeepCrawl in London
(₤40000 - ₤60000 per year)
At DeepCrawl, we pride ourselves in building our success on genuine, insightful relationships with our users. We originally built our product to help us solve our clients’ problems as consultants — and that instinct for knowing our users, and yearning to help them, still powers our success as a software product.
Our sophisticated web crawler helps some of the world’s top companies improve their web sites by giving them deep, comprehensive insights into their problems. Companies that make their business on the web depend on DeepCrawl to improve user experience, manage change, and improve indexability. In the end, it’s all about making the web a nicer place for users — with fewer annoying gimmicks and more genuinely useful, well designed, easily found resources.
Our team is built foremost on constant learning, supporting each other, and loving working together. A great team environment supports us in building great technology. We’re always exploring new ideas and tech. Our stack now includes Ruby, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, a sophisticated API using Sinatra, and a front end in AngularJS.
Your role is to bring your passion for Ruby and other open-source technologies to improve our product, focusing on our API and broadening to other areas of the system. You’ll have great opportunities to learn about large-scale crawling and data processing.
This position is available to remote candidates anywhere in the UK, and to London candidates who can work in our London office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Join a small but growing team of developers who love working together to improve design, usability, reliability, scalability, and clarity of code, all with the end goal of satisfying our many users and making the web a better place
- Learn new technologies and practices, and provide support for other developers
- Collaborate with product owners and other developers to write technical specifications for new features
- Implement great new features that our users will love, using Ruby and other technologies
- Design improvements to our API and implement new API features
- Help improve test coverage and testability of code
- Help improve internal tools for monitoring, testing, bug fixing, and administration
Skills & Requirements
- A positive character and an ability to collaborate well with others
- Solid professional development experience
- A deep knowledge of Ruby
- Experience building REST APIs
- Solid experience with modern testing practice
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience with Sinatra
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL
- Experience with Sequel
DeepCrawl is a sophisticated crawling service, used by the world’s largest brands and SEO agencies to find and monitor many problems with their sites — ultimately making them easier to find and use. We believe that by providing powerful tools to improve web sites, we make the web a better place for everyone. We’ve got big ambitions to continue our fast growth and expansion into new markets, and be the tool of choice for SEO, digital marketing and beyond.
Recent jobs at DeepCrawl
- Ruby Developer - Great Learning Opportunities at DeepCrawl in London 07-06-2017
- Scrum Master at DeepCrawl in London 14-06-2017