at iwoca ltd in London
(₤25000 - ₤45000 per year)
Join one of Europe’s leading Fintech startups.
At iwoca, our vision is that finance should be like electricity: simple, seamless and powerful. Over the next decade we aim to provide financing to 1 million small businesses that are underserved by the banks. Since launching in 2012, we’ve already lent to nearly 10,000 small businesses across Europe. Along the way we have built a high-tech platform, won numerous awards and have grown a fun and vibrant team. The most exciting part of our journey still lies ahead of us, join us to make a difference!
Now we’re looking for Credit Analysts who can help us make even better lending decisions whilst supporting our rapid growth.
Our team of Credit Analysts are responsible for making lending decisions for each of the small businesses that approach iwoca. You will:
- Evaluate credit applications – using our cutting-edge tech platform, you will be analysing data from financial statements, credit reference agencies, application forms and other third party sources to arrive at fast, fair, and accurate decisions.
- Build a loan book – as you gain experience, you will make decisions on your own set of customers and will be expected to grow your own loan book. You should thrive under a KPI driven environment where you are responsible for meeting global risk targets.
- Work closely with our Account Management team – Account Managers act as “customer champions” and you’ll worth with them to ensure we do our best to meet an applicant’s needs and offer a fast, slick service.
You will need:
- 1+ years of experience in commercial loan underwriting, preferably within the SME sector or alternative lending.
- Good business acumen and a working understanding of what makes a good business good, so you can quickly identify the key drivers behind an application.
- The ability to interpret key financial statements and an understanding of the key risk drivers specific to SMEs.
- An analytical mindset with a practical approach to problem solving.
- To be confident, focused and enthusiastic. You should be comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment where every month needs to be a record month.
- Good communication skills. You will have direct telephone contact with loan applicants to extract additional information so need a friendly telephone manner.
- A bucket load of common sense
- 33 days holiday (including public holidays)
- Pool and Ping Pong tables
- Plenty of space to chill out
- Plenty of drinks and snack (healthy and unhealthy)
- Subsidised gym membership and restaurant discounts in Oxford Circus
- Cycle2Work scheme for great value bikes
- Various sports teams including football and climbing
- A super smart team of really nice people
- Company retreats to great destinations