Production Lead - China and Vietnam
at Swoon Editions in London
The Production team is focused on getting our beautifully designed furniture products from our workshops to the UK in pristine quality and on time.
You are our eyes and ears on the ground, working closely with our suppliers in China and Vietnam as well as Production, Buying and Design teams in London.
You are an excellent communicator are happy to work independently and remotely. Once your training is complete in London, you’ll spend the majority of your time in Asia with quarterly trips back to the UK.
You are an excellent Production Lead and work tirelessly to ensure Swoons distinctive furniture is delivered with exceptional quality.
You’ll be extremely pro-active in communicating the status of every container in production and ensure pre-production meetings and QC schedules facilitate on-time delivery.
Your responsibility doesn’t end with the product. Packaging needs to be thoroughly spec’d to avoid damage in transit, with accurate information and branding on the box and in assembly kits and instructions
NOTE: This position is only open to candidates with the right to work in the UK. Accommodation is provided in Vietnam for this role
- Hold monthly Performance and Pre Production meetings with each supplier
- Develop production transparency to enhance understanding of our supply chain
- Ensure product development timelines and original ex-factory dates are met
- Hold Quality Control Audits and review Swoon products on the production line, post production and packaged – to ensure product accuracy and product quality
- Enforce a zero tolerance policy for any items that do not meet Swoon quality expectation
- Feed in product quality learnings and proactively problem solve future batch improvement
- Perform packaging drop tests and revise packaging specifications to reduce transit issues
- Work closely with the Design and Buying team to ensure all products meet technical, safety and legal requirements
- Develop and maintain Supplier Manuals, Defect Classification list and other QC reference docs
- Source new suppliers for Swoon to work with in the region and complete the onboarding process in advance of order placement
- You have an impressive eye for detail
- You have knowledge of product technologies relevant to the furniture sector
- You are quick to react to production changes and take appropriate action
- You are a fast learner and enjoy a challenge
- You are process orientated
- You revel in a fast paced environment
- You have a positive attitude
Recent jobs at Swoon Editions
- Backend Software Engineer (Python, Odoo / OpenERP) at Swoon Editions in London 06-03-2017
- Backend Software Engineer (PHP) at Swoon Editions in London 06-03-2017
- Customer Care Team Lead at Swoon Editions in London 21-03-2017
- Digital Executive at Swoon Editions in London 24-03-2017
- People Partner at Swoon Editions in London 30-03-2017
- Website Content Executive at Swoon Editions in London 26-04-2017