Graphic Design, Photography and Admin Intern
at Doodle Nest in London
(₤9 per hour)
Doodle Nest is looking for an enthusiastic graphic design intern with skills in photography.
We are an exciting start-up company that takes piles of children’s artwork and turns them into beautiful bespoke coffee table books and contemporary graphic framed collages that children and families can cherish and enjoy for many years to come. To learn more about us and view our products please check out our website at doodlenest.co.uk, Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/doodlenest) and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/doodle_nest/).
Successful applicants will gain valuable experience working alongside the founding team, helping to produce our products, creating marketing materials and carrying out general administrative tasks to ensure the smooth running of the business. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Bridge, Photoshop and InDesign, is key, as is an appreciation of art and design and a creative approach in your work. An understanding of digital photography and previous use of DSLRs would be an advantage.
The team is friendly and hardworking, based in a community of artist studios in Notting Hill, London. We’re looking for someone is willing to learn and grow with the business.
We’re looking for someone who:
• Is extremely proficient in Adobe Creative software, especially Bridge, Photoshop and InDesign (Lightroom, Illustrator and Premiere would also be desirable)
• Has a good working knowledge of DSLR cameras
• Is exceptionally self-motivated
• Is quick-thinking and tech savvy
• Is a great communicator with a flair for creativity
• Has very strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Is self-motivated, hard-working and very organised
• Has a strong appreciation for art and creativity, and a very good eye for design elements
• Can manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Is proficient in the use of email, Google Sheets (or Excel) and Dropbox
• Is a native English speaker
• Has the willingness to step in when needed – this is the nature of a start-up
• Assisting with the production of customer orders
• Photographing children’s artwork using Lightroom, studio lighting and a DSLR camera
• Editing digital images using Photoshop to crop artwork, optimise colour, remove blemishes, and edge detect any unwanted backgrounds
• Creating and editing fine-art layouts for the books, collages and stationary products using InDesign
• Taking beautiful and creative photographs of our products for our website, marketing materials and social media channels
• Assisting with marketing initiatives, i.e. designing marketing materials, newsletters, email promotions, flyers, display material, product packaging, etc
• Researching and designing new products
• Assisting with office administrative and customer service duties, such as liaising with clients, tracking progress of orders and arranging deliveries
• Assisting with promotional video production and post production as required
• Liaising with our printers and suppliers
This role provides a great opportunity to be fully involved with an innovative new creative company, and it will no doubt make a positive contribution to your portfolio when presenting to future employers. The hours required for the project can be flexible to work around your University timetable if studying, or any other jobs you have so they don’t clash.
Our office is located in Notting Hill, West London. We would prefer candidates who live a commutable distance for this position, however we can discuss the possibility of working from home where necessary.
If you are interested in our internship opportunity, just send us your portfolio along with a CV, cover letter and your availability. If you have examples of creative projects you have worked on, including graphic design, marketing, photography or retouching, it would be great to see these too. We look forward to hearing from you.