Operations Manager for well funded pet start up
at PawSquad in London
(₤35000 per year)
PawSquad is the UK’s first dedicated home vet visit service, bringing trusted, experienced vets to patients’ doorstep. At the same time, we help vets to set up independently, so that they can work on their own terms, away from the stress of a busy clinic.
What are we looking for
We are looking for a passionate, self-starter individual, who wants to grow with one of the UK’s fastest growing pet startups. (It helps if you like pets!).
A problem solver at heart, you’ll relish the opportunity to work with our Technology, Marketing, Logistics and Veterinary teams to keep PawSquad growing and ticking along at the same time.
We’re well funded and starting to scale across the country; you’ll be managing how we achieve that while at the same time having the freedom work closely with the senior management team on defining and executing the product roadmap.
Working across the teams means you’ll need a flexible mind, and the ability to help prioritise and, crucially, project manage tasks from across the business.
At the same time, we are a startup. You’ll be expected to pitch in wherever necessary, be this recruiting the next PawSquad vet (with the support of our Head Vet), or making sure customers receive a smooth experience with PawSquad.
Your day-to-day will be never be the same but if we had to pin it down we’d say you would be:
- Making sure our growing home visit vet teams are running smoothly.
- Identifying ways to improve and deliver the best possible experience to both pet owners and vets
- Working with the other teams to understand their needs and help them meet their growth targets
- Onboarding and recruiting new vets and team members
- Planning and organising projects to achieve growth targets
- Establishing and managing supplier and partner relationships
Who you are:
A pet lover who wants to make a difference, but also an awesome product or operations person who want to flip an aging industry upside down. Today we may be talking about sending a vet into your home, but where does this lead? We want you to think big – like us.
You have at least 3 years experience working in a technology start-up in a product or cross functional operations role (or similar experience in corporate environment)
You have best in class organisational skills and are detail orientated, who is used to deliver projects to deadline and on budget – involving internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll be working with our corporate partners and suppliers on roll outs so good relationship and stakeholder management skills are a must.
Bonus points for if you:
- Have previous startup experience
- Know what Jira, Github, Asana and Slack look like
- Have worked with an online marketplace, particularly labour, previously
- Have a working knowledge of the veterinary industry
To discuss this opportunity in the first instance please send a CV and covering letter outlining relevant experience and why you’re interested in PawSquad.
Who we are:
We are PawSquad. You may know us for our innovative video consultation service. Since we launched 17 months ago we have brought thousands of pet owners in the UK the convenience of accessing pet care directly from their phone. But we are much more than that. We are a young and very ambitious company made up of vets as well as designers, coders, marketers and storytellers. Above all, we are pet owners and pet lovers.
Great reasons to work with us:
- Work with a UK startup that is changing the Veterinary Industry for the better, ideal for those who want to be part of a startup journey
- Pets welcome in office!
- Breakfast, tea, coffee and sometimes lunch all provided!
- salary + stock options
*No recruiters please. *
Recent jobs at PawSquad
- Frontend Sass, HTML & CSS Developer at PawSquad in London 20-08-2015
- Web Designer for high growth start-up - FT or contract at PawSquad in London 02-08-2017
- PR & blogger assistant for awesome pet health company at PawSquad in London 07-08-2017