Office Manager / PA
at Acurable in London
• Acurable (http://acurable.com) is a high growth MedTech start-up headquartered in London that commercialises a very innovative wearable medical device: AcuPebble.
• We are looking for an exceptional Office Manager to support the company in its ambitious growth plans. The role encompasses all aspects of administrative support across office operations, senior executives’ admin, HR and recruitment.
A GAME CHANGER TECHNOLOGY
• AcuPebble is the first wearable medical device able to accurately measure breathing and cardiac vital signs. It uses the respiratory and cardiac acoustic signals to extract the main parameters used in the diagnosis and monitoring of a long list of important diseases.
• The patented and award-winning technology is a major engineering innovation and the product of 10 years research at the Wearable Technologies Lab at Imperial College London.
• The device is tiny (the size of a £1 coin) and super easy to use (as simple as peeling a bandage and pressing it on). The information is automatically transferred to a mobile device and then to a secure data platform.
• AcuPebble does not require the assistance of a specialist or a visit to a hospital / clinic, lowering total costs of diagnosis and enabling home use by patients.
HUGE MARKET OPPORTUNITY
- Respiratory and cardiac diseases affect over 1 billion people worldwide, but poor diagnosis and management are creating an unsustainable economic cost for patients and governments.
- Existing technologies are cumbersome and/or inaccurate, increasing diagnosis costs and errors, and limiting the ability to monitor patients’ treatment.
THE FUTURE OF HEALTHCARE
- AcuPebble is not just much more accurate and easy to use than existing solutions, it enables, for the first time, important new applications not possible before such as automated diagnosis, continuous remote monitoring of patients and data mining to improve diagnosis methods and drugs performance.
- We are on a journey to fundamentally improve the way we diagnose, monitor and manage some of the most important diseases of the 21st century.
We are looking for an exceptional Office Manager to join our exciting fast growing MedTech start-up in London. The successful candidate will work directly with Acurable’s founders and provide administrative support across different functions.
- Develop and implement new administrative systems to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Monitor supplies of stationery and equipment.
- Maintain the condition of the office and arrange for necessary repairs.
- Write reports and communication materials aligned with marketing guidelines.
- Respond to customer enquiries and requests.
- Support recruitment initiatives, such as publishing job openings and setting up interviews.
- Support HR initiatives, such as on-boarding new employees and organising team events.
- Book travel both domestic and international.
- General ad-hoc duties as required.
- Proven track record in office support in a start-up company or similar environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task effectively.
- Good sense of initiative and creative approach towards problem solving.
- Reactive work style, with ability to manage multiple requests simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make sure all tasks are seen through to completion.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent.
- We offer a fun, entrepreneurial working environment within an exciting high-growth business where you can make a huge difference, with a very competitive remuneration package based on experience.
NOTE: We only accept direct applications from candidates. Any attempt by recruitment agencies to get in touch will be ignored.