Full Stack Developer (back-end focus)
at SuperAwesome in London
(₤30000 - ₤60000 per year)
SuperAwesome (@GoSuperAwesome) is the largest kids digital media platform in the world, reaching over a quarter of a billion kids each month across mobile, web and online video. SuperAwesome’s technology and products power kid-safe advertising, parent-portals and COPPA compliance for hundreds of brands and agencies around the world. Recently named in London’s future 50 (http://futurefifty.com/2017-cohort/), we continue to grow at a fast pace with some of the biggest clients on the planet including Lego, Warner Bros, Hasbro, Spin Master, Nintendo and many others.
We are looking for various developer roles across the company, one of which is to scale the development of our AwesomeAds platform. AwesomeAds is the only ad server in the world specifically built for the kids space as well as its compliance and safety requirements from the ground-up. It serves billions of requests every month to thousands of apps and sites that rely on it to deliver completely safe and appropriate advertising solutions around the world.
The role would see you work with a team of experts in the field to further develop and scale the product. It allows you to completely reimagine the way advertising could and should be delivered in a fully transparent, safe and appropriate way for kids. This is a big challenge that allows you to use many cutting-edge technologies such as Docker, ES6, NodeJS and NoSQL in a production environment at very large scale.
- Take full ownership various AwesomeAds components, driving both innovation and performance on the technology front
- Ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production)
- Deliver products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently
- Work with the Product Manager to define the roadmap for any given product and translate this into user stories
- A few years of experience developing large and complex web applications
— Experience with NodeJS would be a plus
- Solid understanding of communication protocols and experience building APIs
- Experience developing large and complex web applications
- Comfortable both on the front and the back-end of web applications
— Experience with AngularJS would be a plus
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes and/or Docker a plus
- You get stuff done.
- You’re a fire-starter, you can clearly demonstrate your ability to be proactive without direct supervision
- You like working in an agile development environment
- Flexible and adaptable, to changing situations and responsibilities
- Ownership: we trust you to get sh*t done
- Live & learn on the cutting-edge: we want to use the best tools for the job, you won’t be stuck using older frameworks
- Never sit still: Yearly swarm weeks at remote locations with the whole team (Portugal is next), Hackdays every quarter and constant innovation across the company lead to real innovation