at Rota in London
(₤45000 - ₤55000 per year)
You will be reporting directly to the Chief Financial and Operating Officer and have a financial assistant working under you. You’ll need to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in from the start, before building out the team to support you.
Rota are looking for a financial whiz to join a fast-growing growing company located in Old Street, London. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, as Financial Controller you will be responsible for running and developing all aspects of finance. The role requires a significant amount of multitasking, diligence and working with the rest of the team.
You’ll need to thrive on tackling the challenges faced by a fast growing start-up versus an established corporation and will need to take ownership from an early stage.
Who are Rota?
Rota connects shift based workers with top hospitality brands including The Savoy, The MayFair and Manchester Arena. It’s a bit like the Uber for work – shifts are posted on the platform and workers sign up for shifts via our app. Cutting out the middleman means we pay more, charge less, and jobs can be posted and signed up for 24/7.
We are a team of seasoned serial entrepreneurs with backing from experienced advisors & investors. This means we draw on experience from Virgin, Google, Uber, Hassle, Hello Fresh, Just Eat, UK Voucher Codes & more. Rota is a well-funded company in 4 cities and counting…
- 5+ years hands-on accounting/finance experience
- Qualified CIMA / ACA / CA / ACCA or similar
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and financial modelling
- Excellent knowledge of Xero
- Experience in both financial and non-financial roles
- Experience working in a start-up / fast growing company
- Invoicing and collections
- Paying the bills, from rent to payroll
- Monthly management accounts
- Financial forecasting
- Day-to-day accounting
- Review and improve financial processes and controls
- Ensure Rota remains compliant with all relevant financial regulations and standards
- Salary – competitive
- Share options
- Contribution to travel costs
- A fantastic place to work complete with beer on tap, dogs, free events and more
Recent jobs at Rota
- Account Manager - London at Rota in London 11-04-2017
- Financial Analyst at Rota in London 13-04-2017