Software Engineer (FinTech & Stock Options)
at Expend in London
Software Engineer (competitive salary with generous stock options)
Expend is a London-based FinTech company. We simplify the annoying company expenses process with a smart payment solution, built using cutting-edge technology with a side of creativity. We’re ambitious and we’ve set ourselves multiple targets and objectives, but our primary challenge is to revolutionise business expenses. Expend saves time, hassle and money, giving companies a new level of expense automation and efficient control over budgets and employee spending.
We are working within a huge sector mainly dominated by big companies using outdated approaches. It is in massive need of change and we aim to revolutionise the industry. We provide mobile app, online, card and payment products as part of an intuitive solution with unique functionality. We integrate and form partnerships with numerous financial and service companies, many of which you will know.
We are looking for mobile developers to join our team in the heart of Shoreditch, London. You will be using your knowledge to help build the Expend product, working across various disciplines, including security, accountancy and financial systems.
The role encompasses the following:
- Build and improve our mobile presence and products
- You will work within a talented and experienced team
- Other suitable work dependent on skills
The “Ideal” Candidate
- Experience with various programming languages across different platforms (including Swift and Python)
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Good knowledge of mobile development
- Knowledge of databases (PostgreSQL, DynamoDB)
- Knowledge of REST APIs and Microservices
- Punctuality and strong communication skills
- Self awareness and a desire to improve your skills
- Proficiency in English with the right to work in the UK
- And most importantly: a passion for creating products that people love to use!
- Experience with Docker, Amazon Web Services, and Git
- Helpful but not essential: iOS programming using Swift
This is an opportunity to be part of a talented and ambitious team, offering both a fulfilling role and potential for strong rewards as the company grows.We’re a friendly company, and we aim to create enjoyable work environment with work that is challenging but rewarding.If you think you would be a valuable addition to our team and wish to explore this opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you. Please send your CV and covering letter.
The Expend Team
Recent jobs at Expend
- Marketing Manager (FinTech with Stock Options) at Expend in London 26-06-2017
- Sales and Marketing Paid Internship (London FinTech) at Expend in London 27-06-2017
- Personal assistant, operations & admin executive (Stock options / London FinTech) at Expend in London 27-06-2017
- React Web Developer (FinTech & Stock Options) at Expend in London 15-08-2017