at Simplify Digital in London
Want the environment of a start-up within a FTSE 75 company? Enjoy flexible working? Want to be led by hands-off management?
Chances are you’ve tried to change supplier for your television, phone, broadband or energy services before.
Did you have a memorable experience as a consumer? We’re here to make it a ‘yes’
We’re a high growth technology and retail business. We develop deal comparison SaaS for triple play: TV, Phone and Broadband. It’s a complex industry with over 5,000 products, each with several variants – we’re here to offer customers the right option.
We’re also the proud creators of Voltz, an energy-switching app. It’s had phenomenal feedback on the app stores (5*) and has helped people to save on their energy bills.
We use our deal comparison software ourselves, but it’s also used by companies like Dixons Carphone, Sainsburys, Game, The Guardian …
Right now, we’re in the midst of some big changes which include:
• Implementing a truly automated QA process across our product suite (we’re at 60% of tests that can be automated)
• Migrating our services to AWS.
• Integrating into the wider Dixons Carphone Group.
What’s it like working here:
Our QA engineers report into our awesome QA lead – she’s had a phenomenal impact on the company and you’ll get to learn a ton from her. She’s a hands-off manager that’ll guide you wherever and whenever you need it.
• We work in a collaborative, Agile team environment on a range of different projects from e-commerce websites to SaaS enterprise solutions and tools.
• We use various frameworks and aren’t tied to one – we use the best tool available for each job, and welcome contributions and ideas.
• Each QA sets within a scrum team and is there to instil a testing mentality.
Sounds good? You’ll do great here if you have:
• Automated web testing experience using Selenium WebDriver & Cucumber
• Manual web & mobile testing experience
• ISEB/ISTQB certified
• Experience writing black box and GUI test cases, designing tests to mitigate risks, and helping business experts define requirements.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively in a close team.
• Degree in a STEM subject such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, etc.
Bonus if you have:
• Automated mobile testing using Calabash, Appium or similar
If that sounds like you, here’s why you’ll enjoy working here:
• We aren’t corporate and don’t wear suits.
• We’re backed by Dixons Carphone , a FTSE 75 company.
• Great team and company-wide events: Escape rooms, hackathons, junkyard golf, bowling, team lunches….
• We promote flexible working.
• Yearly bonus!
• We’re hands-off managers.
• Staff encouraged to stuff themselves with free fruit, velvet cake and takeaways…
• … But we have a subsidised gym membership to counter that (we also have a free onsite gym at Acton HQ)
A few of our awards include: – One of Europe’s fastest growing technology businesses in the 2013 GP Bullhound Media Momentum Awards. – We’ve been awarded the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 – The Deloitte Technology Fast 50 awards for the past three years in a row (2015, 2014 & 2013) – Innovation in Analytics 2016