Junior Designer / Content Producer
at DogBuddy in London
DogBuddy.com helps thousands of dog owners across Europe find a local and reliable dog sitter. Owners can easily book overnight boarding or daytime dog sitting with one of 30,000+ rated and reviewed sitters in the UK, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Sweden and Norway.
As we grow, we’re looking for an ambitious and talented Junior Designer / Content Producer, reporting to our Marketing Director as part of our team in our London (UK) office and HQ.
We need a skilled and passionate graphic designer with creative flair and an eye for detail to be responsible for crafting creative assets for use in online and offline marketing channels – everything from email and display marketing to DogBuddy merchandise.
More about the role
- Partnering with our UX/UI Designer, help shape DogBuddy’s visual identity
- Respond to briefs to deliver creative work, including everything from: graphics, illustration, and animation, to video, photography and interactive assets
- Craft online marketing materials (e.g. banners, email and blog images, infographics)
- Develop print layouts for marketing materials (e.g. flyers, event stands, merchandise)
- Effectively manage delivery and timelines of creative output for project owners
A little about you
- A Jack of all design trades… and a master of some of them too
- You thrive on feedback – you’re thick skinned and ready to learn
- Nothing gets by you – you have a no stone left unturned approach to every last detail
- Deadlines are never an issue, chore or bore, and you hate to miss them
- You take initiative to suggest ideas, never content for a brief to just roll your way
- You’re a professional plate juggler (though perhaps not literally!) – having multiple projects on-the-go is the kind of thing that gets you out of bed in the morning
- You’re practically brimming with new creative ideas, ready to contribute to and collaborate with a busy, bustling, team
- A design ‘junkie’ – keeping up-to-date with the latest creative work design approaches
A bit about your background
- 1+ years of graphic design experience (either client side or agency)
- Expert working knowledge of basic design and typography principles
- Fully proficient with the Adobe Creative suite of products (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom) and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience working with Sketch and an interest in learning about new design tools
- A firm understanding of digital design, ideally with some HTML / CSS experience
- Prior experience in video production and animation would be advantageous
- An additional European language would be a big plus
What does DogBuddy offer?
- The chance to be part of the team at one of Europe’s high-growth startups
- A fun (and frequently dog) filled office environment near to Kings Cross
- Working with a young, passionate and entrepreneurial team
- Regular team socials, PerkBox benefits, Workplace pension etc…