Product Data Associate
at LoveCrafts in London
Our vision at LoveCrafts is to create an entirely new platform for the global maker community – one craft at a time. We launched our first site, LoveKnitting.com four years ago – early success led to funding from one of Europe’s leading venture investors – and we haven’t looked back since. With a global customer base, physical hubs in London, Manchester, Kyiv, Ukraine and Missouri, USA; and 3 x growth year on year, we’ve grown from startup to sensation in a very short space of time.
As we set out to converge traditional crafts with the digital age we are looking for exceptional talent to help us disrupt and innovate in this highly dynamic sector. We’re playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology as we create the perfect digital business for all things craft related.
Our team is smart, kind and slightly kooky with talent that is insatiably curious and supremely ambitious. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment that includes social and e-commerce stalwarts hailing from the likes of Amazon, eBay, and Pinterest.
About the opportunity
We’re looking for a super-organised associate to join our growing Product Data team, which is dedicated to owning and expanding the product ranges that we sell. You’ll be working closely with our marketing and supplier teams, preparing for the launch of exciting new brands and beautiful new products on our website. From start to finish, you will own a selection of new products and be responsible for working with our operations team, copywriters, photographers, data entry and quality checking teams to get the products in stock and live online, looking good, on time.
As a company, we’ve got enormous plans and from very early on you’ll also have the opportunity to step up and take on some of the big-hitting projects we’ve got in the pipeline. Some will improve our ways of working to make us more efficient and to constantly improve the quality of our work, others involve rethinking how our products are displayed online to show them off in all their glory, and to give our customers as much helpful information about them as possible – the ultimate goal is always to wow our visitors, inspiring them to love crafts as much as we do!
Key Role Responsibilities
- Launching new products on our websites with the best possible product data; including compelling content that describes the yarns, needles, patterns etc. that we are selling
- Managing existing product data; enriching and correcting it
- Collaborating with internal teams, including Buying, Merchandising and Marketing to contribute to buying and promotion decisions
- Working with external vendors (e.g. photographers, data entry supplier) to source product content (e.g. photos) and ensure quality standards
- Reaching out to suppliers/manufacturers to clarify open questions regarding product data
Experience and Skills Required
- Excellent organisational skills: with great attention to detail and the ability to balance lots of priorities.
- A team player: a great person to work with and happy to work with colleagues from lots of teams across the business.
- A do-er: ready to get stuck in wherever you’re needed.
- Smart: you have a good bachelors degree (min 2.1) from a top university.
- Highly proficient with MS Office: particularly with Excel
- Office-savvy: you have some previous work experience including internships if you are a recent graduate
- Fluent or native: we have English-speaking and German-speaking roles.
- It’s a plus if you’ve previously worked in a start-up or in e-commerce.
What We’re Offering
- A financial package including share options in the business
- Employee benefits including private medical insurance, pension scheme and cycle to work
- Central London location in a bright, spacious office between Tottenham Court Road and Holborn tube stations
- Smart and kind colleagues who help each other to get things done
- Coaching and mentoring from some excellent e-commerce and operational exports – there’s a huge amount of talent and experience in our team.
- To be part of a fun, fantastic organisation that is at the forefront of the global craft market using the latest technology to bring crafting communities together!
Recent jobs at LoveCrafts
- Paid Search Manager at LoveCrafts in London 24-05-2017
- SEO Manager - Maternity Cover at LoveCrafts in London 09-06-2017
- Accounts Payable Clerk at LoveCrafts in London 15-06-2017
- Finance Graduate at LoveCrafts in London 15-06-2017
- Talent Acquisition Specialist at LoveCrafts in London 30-06-2017
- Buyer at LoveCrafts in London 05-07-2017
- People Executive at LoveCrafts in London 27-07-2017