Compliance Associate - Relationship Management
at FundApps in London
FundApps is a startup that helps hedge funds, investment managers, pension funds and other money managers comply with worldwide regulations. Our competition is stuck in the dark ages with slow, clunky, complicated user interfaces and installed software. We’re shaking up the industry – providing a beautiful & intuitive web-based service which takes away our clients pains and lets them get on with what they do best.
- We’re a small team of smart, friendly people who collaborate closely and take pride in delivering an amazing service to our clients. You’ll help shape what we work on and how we do it. You won’t be micro-managed or stuck in a rut. We work hard on challenging problems but have a good time doing it.
- Read more about us and see a video of us live in action: https://fundapps.workable.com/
What you’ll be doing
The Client Services team is responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with FundApps’ clients as well as assisting the sales team bringing in new business by displaying expert product and content knowledge. We’re building a diverse team to manage the client onboarding process, support incoming client queries, and ensure we are delivering excellent service to all our clients and prospects. As part of the Client Services team you will be responsible for your own portfolio of clients, ranging from large insurance groups, traditional asset managers and some the worlds largest hedge funds, based in all corners of the planet. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining an understanding of your own client’s business goals and challenges. All in all you’ll have a diverse role of becoming a champion for our service and clients.
You’ll be responsible for a wide range of tasks including:
- Managing your own portfolio of client accounts to secure a close relationship with them and have them promote our service to their industry peers.
- Supporting new and existing clients in the daily use of the product, promote best practices
- Managing the timely onboarding of new clients.
- Conducting ongoing business reviews that measure the strength of client relationships and develop a plan to continuously build strong relationships at the client’s organisation.
- Soliciting client feedback and work with product management and other team members to help enhance our service and the overall client experience.
- Frequently meeting with our clients and find new ways to add value to them.
- Partnering with the sales team to drive client growth by supporting pre-sales activities and working together to close new opportunities.
- Excellent degree from a reputable university, with a preference for candidates with a financial services background
- Experience in account management, client development, or other client facing relationship roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English
- Excellent organisation, project management and time management skills
- Knowledge of financial instruments
- Authorization to work in the UK
- Understanding of regulatory portfolio compliance
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Demonstrable interest in financial services and technology
- No bureaucracy, just get it done
- Relaxed, spacious office in the heart of Shoreditch with Sonos & fresh coffee
- Flexible working. It’s not perfect yet, but we’re committed to making it work
- Generous personal budget to spend as you see fit on books, conferences, training subscriptions etc
- Peer-led learning, knowledge sharing and professional development across the company through “Brown-bag lunch” sessions on a weekly basis
- We’ll cover expenses to any conference or event you’re speaking at
- Bumper Fruit basket on Mondays, Deskbeers on Fridays and a whole lot of social activity all week (5-a-side, badminton, squash, pubs)
- Monthly team outings
- 2 days company volunteering & 32 hours of paid personal volunteering leave to use with an organisation of your choice
- Half price gym membership & cycle to work scheme
- Progressive maternity and paternity policy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous pension contribution
When submitting your CV, please include answers to the following questions or alternatively, include a cover letter which answers them:
- Why FundApps?
- How does this job appeal to you?
- What aspect(s) of this job do you think you’ll be best at? What are the things you are less familiar/experienced with? What will you need to learn the stuff you’re not already good at?