Customer Service Representative
at Elder in London
We’re looking for a professional and empathetic service representative to serve both our clients and carers in a business that is all about helping people.
We are not your everyday startup — We are a collection of values-driven people who care about providing a critical service to those in need while also utilising the latest tech, business insights and data analysis. With backgrounds from companies including Google, Shazam, Just Eat, Handy, Babylon, Onefinestay and Ogilvy, we are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team at the front lines. We’re backed by a leading European VC and our founders previously founded and exited mopp.com (the UK’s leading home services marketplace).
Elder.org transforms the lives of (primarily) the elderly and of their families by providing world-class live-in care. Elder care is becoming a critical need both within the UK and Europe, and Elder.org is at the forefront of re-imaging the traditional care model. We work with professional carers to find the best match for our clients, ensuring that the choice to employ a live-in carer is exceptionally smooth, and providing help to both our clients and their families at time when they need it the most.
Our Service Representatives sit within our Operations team, the engine of scalability at a fast-growing company. We strive for best-in-class service to our both our clients and the professionals who provide care. We are looking for team members who have excellent phone, email, and in-person communication skills, a professional yet empathetic manner, and creative problem-solving skills. Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus.
Your work will be diverse, challenging and highly rewarding as we scale the business across the UK and Europe. You’ll be expected to roll your sleeves up and make an impact from day one.
- Ability to work morning or evenings, 5 days a week (sometimes weekends) handling phone and email inquiries and requests from our clients and carers
- Screening, interviewing and hiring new staff
- Giving feedback to the Sales and Product teams to improve the client and carer experience, as well as internal tools
- Identifying new processes or changing existing ones that will help your workflow and improve end-user satisfaction
- A degree from a leading University
- An excellent command of Excel
- KPI-driven with the ability to glean insight from large amounts of data
- Marketplace experience in another startup preferred but not essential
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to go the extra mile when needed
- You’ll be joining a small but fast-growing team
- Competitive salary (£21,000 to £25,000 based on experience)
- Greenfield opportunity; You can shape the strategic direction of the company from day one
- Plenty of team lunches and socials.
- A very cool office just near Spitalfield Market, East London.
- The rare opportunity to do something greater than creating yet another social media app. We’re going to change the lives of millions of people and their families.